cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter R in a Heart Shape Hallmark on Sterling Ring?

Hello everyone!  I'm hoping someone could help me identify the maker of a hallmark that has me stumped. 

It's on a more modern Sterling silver ring with multiple faceted and baguette clear stones.  It is signed on the inside 925 along with what appears to be a capital letter R inside a heart shape.

Here are multiple pics.  Thanks in advance!

R in Heart-01.jpgR in Heart-02.jpgR in Heart-03.jpgR in Heart-04.jpgR in Heart-05.jpgR in Heart-06.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Letter R in a Heart Shape Hallmark on Sterling Ring?

That's a very pretty ring and your pictures are really good and clear!  I don't know the mark but my opinion is that it is a home shopping club ring sourced to China or Thailand or Taiwan.  That's not a put down by any means.  It's a beautiful ring.  Let's look at where so many of these types of rings are coming from... 

Most people don't walk into a jewelry store and ask to see a sterling ring set with CZ's.   Jewelry stores sell mostly gold, diamonds and watches, although some are now selling sterling, stainless, titanium, etc., to try to keep afloat because the younger generation doesn't value fine jewelry as previous generations once did.  Sadly, very little fine jewelry is made in this country today.  Typically, these nicer quality sterling rings set with CZ's, lab created or genuine semi-precious stones are coming from the home shopping clubs.  

Most designers featured on the home shopping club channels use recognizable marks but still source their jewelry to China and other countries.  The mark inside your ring looks rather generic and may be the mark of a foreign manufacturer rather than a specific designer.   Home shopping clubs do sell a lot of jewelry that is not sold under a designer's name, but is good quality nonetheless.  It has to be or they would be out of business.

These are not the rings being sold on ebay as sterling that are coming directly from China.  The prices on those are a dead giveaway.  Logic should kick in when a "sterling silver" ring is advertised for $2.00 BIN with free shipping.  I believe your ring is from a reputable source such as a home shopping club, is of good quality and the mark may be that of a foreign supplier who provides quality goods.  Sorry if this was TMI Smiley Very Happy.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Letter R in a Heart Shape Hallmark on Sterling Ring?

@dream*peddler

No offense taken, I honestly thought the same exact thing!  I totally thought this ring could have been a shopping network purchase, but because the hallmark was somewhat stylized, I figured it could have been a secondary, or inexpensive, designer brand.  Such as something sold at a department store, like Target or even Walmart, for that matter.

It is a quality made ring and the stones used really do sparkle and stand out, so it certainly isn't a $2 made in China ring, but it could be a $50 made in China ring, if that makes sense!  lol

I just don't like listing items without a story, you know?  Especially when there's given info to elaborate on.  I do a lot of research on the items I list and I like telling the history or story behind the little bits I offer.

I do appreciate your reply, as it does make total sense!  Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply