cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Julianna Style

Is there anything wrong with listing vintage jewelry pieces on Ebay as Julianna style, when not actually a verified Julianna piece? Does it violate any Ebay policy?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Julianna Style

I don't think it does. I have listed a couple items using the term Juliana Style, but only when the item is a true example of that style. Many people list anything with rhinestones as being Juliana Style, but I don't think it always fits. Can we see some pics?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

t's nothing of mine. Just listings I see.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I think it's supposed to be ok to compare in the description, but not use a designer's name in the title.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

So many listings that use Juliana style, and it seems like keyword spamming to me, but I don't know if it's an Ebay violation.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I agree with clearsphere. I see nothing wrong with using "juliana style" when it applies, but only in the description, not in the title. 

A designer's "brand name" in the title should be for the actual item being sold, per eBay rules. To me, "Juliana" implies "DeLizza & Elster" and should only be used in the title for verified D&E jewelry. 

Originally "Juliana" was used by DeLizza & Elster for a line of jewelry identified with hanging tags that got lost or discarded when removed. Without a hangling tag, jewelry from the "Juliana" line was not easy to distinguish from other D&E jewelry. But the name became popular and was commonly used for D&E jewelry in general - and probably more commonly misused for a host of other jewelry with nothing more in common with D&E than rhinestones.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

There might not be  "anything wrong" with using terms like "Juliana style" (and please note there's only one n, not two) in the sense of it being illegal or a policy violation, but I don't think it's a best practice. For one thing, your item will turn up in searches by buyers who are looking for actual Juliana/D&E -- and when they see that your piece isn't D&E they'll not only hit the back button, but they'll come away with a negative impression of you as a seller, especially if you use the term often. Even if it isn't technically spamming, I think it looks spammy.

I usually avoid using "style" altogether, especially when referring to a specific maker or designer. Keep the names for the real thing. If you're talking about the characteristic style of a particular era (Victorian, Nouveau, Deco), use "revival" instead.

flotsamlogo
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Since the new book came out about Schreiner. We see tons listed as "in the style of Schreiner". Anything with prong set rhinestones, has some connection to us, even though it looks nothing like we ever produced. So it's buyer beware.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

it is an insult to Juliana peeps.... it is either Juliana or not

so style may be off....  but what about  Juliana Wannabe  it just missed the ship

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Stick with "rhinestone bling" and don't mention something it's not. It'll just confuse the buyers and lead to problems later on.

flotsamlogo
Message 10 of 10
latest reply