cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JULY AUGUST SEPTEMBER CHAT

Dog Days.jpg

Pull up a chair, grab a cold one and chat for a while!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 131
latest reply
130 REPLIES 130

Re: JULY AUGUST SEPTEMBER CHAT

Sarah , 

2 out of 3 obstacles down . 

1 - get safety glasses - check 

2 - get off work - check ( only 2 people off and I'm one of them - hallelujah ! ) 

3 - praying for good weather 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 91 of 131
latest reply

LOL, Dana   It IS  getting kinda excting isnt it?? Cat Very Happy

And looks like our weather here is gonna co-operate!! I think it should be ok where you are also

I am amazed at how many businesses are closing to give their employees a chance to spend this once in a lifetime event with their families!  It think that is wonderful!!  T was hoping he could leave early..but not so with security people 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 92 of 131
latest reply

Awwww I hate it for T . 😒 Some jobs are just too important . Our restaurant is trying to cash in on the event and opening for lunch that day . We are never open for lunch . Sad for everyone scheduled . 

I really want to be on the beach beach during the event , but because the part of the beach that is available ( not private land ) is so small , I am toying with the idea of going on a boat into Winyah Bay . 

Are you going somewhere or having a yard /😎 garden party ? 

Message 93 of 131
latest reply

Nope. Just me & a friend coming over.

That`s good enough..anymore I am not a crowd person. nerd

Message 94 of 131
latest reply

I don't blame you one bit . Might as well take advantage of your living location being in the path !!! 😎

Message 95 of 131
latest reply

Wowee looks like totality is 2 1/2 minutes in Newberry . Lucky you , enjoy !!! 

Message 96 of 131
latest reply

Hi all

Drinking coffee and debating the day.

I work Monday for the eclipse. Our little kids (birth-4) will be inside for lunch and nap time for the eclipse. They bought glasses for our school age kids but I'm not sure just how they are going to do that. I trust some of the 2-3 graders but the younger school agers  (preK-1) are making me a little nervous. 

I bought some pairs for DH and the boys so I don't have to worry about them trying to make something work. I'm sure we will take turns going out to see but at least 1 person has to be inside the building at all times.

Nicholas starts 8th grade next Wed. For the most part I think he is ready to get back to school with his friends. He is a night owl so bed time is usually the only big deal to him.

Need to finish getting him some school supplies today and grocery shopping.

Also moving out of 1 of my antique malls. Just can't keep up with everything else that is going on.

My Dad is coming home this afternoon after a 10 day stay in the hospital. 3 infection since beginning of July. This time they did a full body CT scan and found the source of the infection. There was a pocket of infection in his liver so they drained that Wed. He will do 4 weeks of IV antibiotics at his local hospital and be at home the rest of the day. He seemed a little grouchy with the nurse last night and that's not like him so I think he is ready to get home.

Off to get more coffee. 

DW

Photobucket

Message 97 of 131
latest reply

Awwwwww!!

Way to go Judge Judy!!!

http://www.countryliving.com/life/kids-pets/a44395/judge-judy-dog-video/?src=nl&mag=clg&list=nl_ccr_...

Message 98 of 131
latest reply

WAHOOOOOO Judge Judy!  That was so obvious.

Looks like everyone enjoyed the eclipse. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 99 of 131
latest reply

Sandy , 

Can we come to your house for the next eclipse ? Looks like you're gonna get totality for over 4 minutes .....WHOA !!! 😎 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 100 of 131
latest reply

Sure!  April 8, 2024!  That is only seven years from now.  Solar party my house!

Message 101 of 131
latest reply

Hello all! We were on the Strip for the Eclipse, and it got dark, but we didn't have glasses, so I didn't get to see any of it. We did get back to the room before it was over and I was able to observe the eclipse through the leaves on the trees...they looked like cresents...or feathers...very awesome!

I've been swamped at work trying to get caught up, lol, and so far so good, at least I think so! Unless I've forgotten something, lol

The Ozarks were, as always, fabulous, and relaxing. Hubby and I had a great time and can't wait to go back next year 🙂 lol

DW, so glad they finally found the source of the infection in your dad and so glad they can get it fixed!
Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 102 of 131
latest reply

Hi ya fredi! Glad ya`ll had a good time...we all need some relaxation now & then. I`m trying to figure out how

Poor T was forced into retirement last week. We had  already decided to plan for next Dec  as I`ll be able to go on Medicare next year..his hearing has just gotten soooo bad..along with just overall health issues..(nothing serious we hope) that he decided was time.  Here I was all preparing to lay by in store a year`s supply of household stuff, etc (food is pretty well taken care of as you know... the pantry has really expanded & still is)

But last week, his bosses said they were letting him go ..said he could stay till they got his replacement &then popped him onto 3rd shift..knowing full well he can`t work 3rd as he can`t sleep during the day!!    Talk about a slap in the face..after T was the only reason the security co was able to keep this account from the git-go!    So he just walked out.  Didn`t blame him one bit!   They even referred to his age!  A HUGE NO NO in the workplace!  And I have it in writing, so they can`t deny it..but not gonna waste our time with an age discrimination lawsuit

Poor guy has no hobbies..never has other thank flea markets & junkin..which we`ll still be able to do once in awhile.  We`ve been poor before & survived  lol. Only difference is this time..no more job for him.  We `re truly  gonna be fixed income senior citizens now.

Most guys when they retire have a list of 'honey -do' jobs..  T said he didn`t even have that as I had everything taken care of already.  lol  Oh well. Surely after the' grieving period' is over..he can think of something to occupy his time (that`s free) 

After the devastation in Tx.  I told him we can be thankful we have a roof over our heads..food on the table & clothes on our backs & can pay our monthly expenses. Emergencies, I`ll worry about when they happen Cat Very Happy

Message 103 of 131
latest reply

My new pastime...watching my hummers 

Had to put out another feeder as I have a 'bully'..maybe 2 now..  

This feeder is close enough I can set on steps & watch 

DSCN9580.JPG

DSCN9585.JPG

In this photo  he/she appears to be saying:
"You lookin at me??" 

DSCN9584.JPG
Message 104 of 131
latest reply

Fredi, so glad that you got to relax and enjoy the trip.  I really miss being able to travel like that.  I know people say camping is lots of work, but it was something I really enjoyed and it didn't feel like work when we were doing it.

Sarah, so sorry about T.  It is a shame how older workers are treated sometimes.  there use to be a time when loyal employees were treasured rather than just discarded.  You will have to think of some honey dos for him to tackle. 

We are doing OK.  Chuck is going down hill, but that was to be expected.  He sleeps most of the time and has very little interest in doing much of anything.  Truth be told, he just doesn't have the energy to do much.  So I have been keeping busy with my jewelry and getting things listed.  I see eBay has been playing with things.  Forcing people into the Seller Hub is such a rotten thing to do.  But then Esty isn't much better now days.  So much for running your own business.  LOL  Oh well, it keeps me busy and occupied.

Message 105 of 131
latest reply