cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Titles

Is anyone else besides me being asked to change almost all of your item titles?

Carolyn

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Item Titles

Are these Items already listed? Or when you go to post it?

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Item Titles

I'm getting that too. It's in an email about Selling Tips or some such. But when you go to edit the listings it mentions, it's hard to figure out what they're talking about. You have to click on a small icon next to the "I" to get the text they want you to use to show up. At least it did for me. (I don't use Selling Manager)

The funny thing is, one of the items is a pale blue sweater. In the description part of my listing I had had mentioned a heather look. Their "suggestion" for my title was to put the word heather in it. Other "suggestions" were just so ridiculous I didn't even bother.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Item Titles

Yes Crow they are already listed. 

My sales have dwindled to nothing.  I am not changing anything else.  I see nothing wrong with my titles and if they don't want to show my items thats fine too.  I think that's exactly what's going on anyway.  I've tried everything down to a 20% off sale.  They keep telling me to mark my items down, maybe I should just give them away and ship them free like they are asking me to do too.  OK  I feel better now.  My rant is over!

Thanks for listening.

Carolyn

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Item Titles

Thanks Cliq

It is Selling Manager.  I wish I knew how to get out of that.

Carolyn

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Item Titles

Generally, I'm told the change the titles on 100% of my listings.  I get my keywords and titles off Terapeak as a rule, so I'm looking at the keywords for what sold at the highest price (or sold, as the case may be.)  That works for me and I generally get top dollar (or a dollar, as the case may be LOL!) for what I do manage to sell.  So who should I listen to?  eBay and their stupid suggestions, or Terapeak and make more money and actually sell something. 

That whole program is a dumb waste of time.  I think they are trying to make us believe that we have no sales because we are doing something wrong versus the fact that eBay has so many problems right now.  Get off the hamster wheel.  😉 

Sherry

I set out to change the world. Then I saw something shiny
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Item Titles

Thank you so much Sherry, I will try Terapeak.

Carolyn

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Item Titles

I had 51 transactions in September~35 in October and 9 so far in November.  That's beyond pitiful!

Carolyn

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Item Titles

@jayceerichjr wrote:

I had 51 transactions in September~35 in October and 9 so far in November.  That's beyond pitiful!

Carolyn

Carolyn,  (and anyone else who wants to comment):

Any idea why?  (I'm just getting my feet wet again after quite a long hiatus, and I'm just wondering what to expect. Of course, I don't have many listings, but I'm working on it!!!)

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Item Titles

sALES HAVE BEEN JUST PLAIN WEIRD LATELY-OOPS sorry about the caps

Aug was decend, Sept. was less than half of Aug.

Then Oct sales went back up, now Nov. in the dumper again.

When I look at my sales reports it goes like this every other month. So I'm hoping for a good Dec. seeing as how Nov. was my "down" month. I'm wondering if there is some true to the "rolling black-out" rumors I read about???

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Item Titles

@vernon1959 wrote:

sALES HAVE BEEN JUST PLAIN WEIRD LATELY-OOPS sorry about the caps

Aug was decend, Sept. was less than half of Aug.

Then Oct sales went back up, now Nov. in the dumper again.

When I look at my sales reports it goes like this every other month. So I'm hoping for a good Dec. seeing as how Nov. was my "down" month. I'm wondering if there is some true to the "rolling black-out" rumors I read about???

Yes, I've experienced those "rolling black-outs", and have also heard about some sort of breaks being put on sellers during the month.  I believe it, too!

Good luck for December!

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Item Titles

Yes, I get recommended titles constantly, usually dumb stuff in item specifics-should anyone search for "not applicable" and "no stone". I click to remove them 9/10 times. I also get recommendations to start at 99 cents-which used to work out well for me once upon a time. Was able to sell one of those items for $12.99 buy it now so won't be changing prices to nothing anytime soon!

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

Item Titles

I've learned when I do my listings I put "Unknown" on most of the item specifics.  Then I don't get too many suggestions from EBAY.  I also look at the sold page if i have a common item and try to see what key words are used so I will get a view on my items.  Right now I get view on most items but some nothing.  So those I need to revise my listing.  

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Item Titles

I think you can opt out of receiving those suggestions, or hide them, or something. I shut them down last year after they recommended I list a NEW item in a VINTAGE category. I fired off a very tart "tell us what you think" telling them what I thought of their telling me to violate policy by miscategorizing, that I wasn't born yesterday and wasn't falling for their gotcha, and to fix their bot. Haven't paid attention to them since.

flotsamlogo
Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Item Titles

I ignore them.  I sat down one time where they had 55 out of 164 listings that had "suggested" title changes.  So I went and looked at about the first 15 and LMAO.  If I had followed their suggestions I would have violated listing policies like Blue said and most of the others I would have been listing totally inaccurately.  So after looking at the top 15 I just shut it down and forgot about it.  The really funny thing was the next time I listed there were at least 7 or 8 that were on the list before, but not the second time and I hadn't changed a thing.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 15 of 27
latest reply