cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it a Glitch or???

Is it the next pain in the ying yang we`ll get hit with???

I noticed my latest items that rolled on over last 2 days for  relist...the Time Left shows 31 & 32 days..instead of just 30.

I`ll wager a  bet that if it`s not a glitch.. in the next Seller Update..items that  'Ebay deems stale'..we`re either gonna be forced into lowering the price or making changes in the listing.

I hope it`s just a glitch Smiley Frustrated

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Is it a Glitch or???

I have not seen that yet in my listings but I just had a couple roll over and relist that I didn't catch.  One was a lot of earrings that I wanted to end since no sale on the listing.  I did have a watcher so I went ahead and made a direct offer to them lowering the price a couple of dollars.  They have 48 hours to respond and then I plan to end the listing if no sale.  I'll watch to see if my days or 31 or 32 for future.  Interested in what others say.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Yes, I noticed as of Monday on both work and personal listings.  They're playing with our listings again Smiley Frustrated.  

Here's another one...  has anyone lost a sale since ebay started collecting sales tax in their state?  I sold a ring the other day and my buyer wrote me upset because she was blindsided at checkout when she had to pay $16.80 sales tax.  She bought a ring from me the week before and didn't have to pay it.  I explained that ebay started collecting for my state on July 1st and I have nothing to do with it.  I don't collect it and don't see it.  Buyers at work are asking for discounts to cover the cost of taxes.  Frankly, I'm surprised it took ebay this long to start collecting taxes.  Can you imagine how much the government will receive in sales tax from the millions of transactions?  It just might solve the national debt Smiley LOL!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

It was part of the spring updates that were announced in April.  They theory is that the change will make it so that an item only renews once a month where with 30 days it had the ability to renew twice in one month and use more of your allotted free spots.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/2019-Spring-Seller-Update-is-Here/ba-p/29730258

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Sales tax is collected for states that buyers live in (based on the buyer's shipping address), it's not based on the seller's location at all.  I've noticed that it helps that you can blame it on the state they live in when it comes to explaining all the rest and saying that you really don't have anything to do with it.  That's why eBay and other large retailers are collecting it and remitting.  The new laws made it to where the retailers were responsible for collecting it instead of a small business, in say Arkansas, collecting and having to remit to 22 (count as of July1) different states all over the country.  There were 13 states added on July 1 and 5 more will be added Oct 1.  I wouldn't be surprised if all states started this before the end of next year. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/taxes-import-charges?id=4121#section4

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thank ya..that makes sense now..just looked so weird! Cat Happy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

It just might solve the national debt Smiley LOL!

I'm sure it'll be wasted spent as soon as it is received ugh. I added a modified copy/paste to all listings a month or so ago:

"When a buyer purchases an item on eBay, and the ship to address is one of the states that now collect tax on internet sales, eBay will calculate and add the applicable sales tax at checkout. The buyer will pay both the cost of the item along with the sales tax. eBay will collect and remit the tax."

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thanks, @clearsphere !  That's good.  Mind if I borrow some of it for my auctions?

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I use PayPal for all my online purchases. It's tied to my checking count and every purchase is automatically deducted from that account at the time of purchase.

PayPal started the sales tax collected it would show up in my checking account as the price I paid the Ebay seller but then there would always be another charge, a few cents here, a few cents there (I'm not a big spender on Ebay). I was very puzzled and asked PayPal about it. They explained it was the sales tax that was collected on the purchase. 

It looked weird in the beginning but now I am used to it. And I love that PayPal takes care of the tax deductions so I don't have to give it a thought.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I use PayPal for all my online purchases. It's tied to my checking account and every purchase is automatically deducted from that account at the time of purchase.

When PayPal started the sales tax collecting it would show up in my checking account as the price I paid the Ebay seller but then there would always be another charge posted separately. I was very puzzled and asked PayPal about it. They explained it was the sales tax that was collected on the purchase. 

It looked weird in the beginning but now I am used to it. And I love that PayPal takes care of the tax deductions so I don't have to give it a thought.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Yep, listed a new item yesterday and it's end date is one day before the items that relisted the day before.  But that's not confusing at all . . .

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I don't doubt what you say one bit. However, of the last 3 purchases I've made I've only been charged tax on one of them, a seller who happened to live in my state (FL). An unpleasant surprise of over $70 added at checkout. If I'd known I might have adjusted my offer, or not bought at all. If it was in the listing, I missed it. Gonna be more watchful now.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply