cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I found a treasure!!! Help with era 14k Yellow & Green Gold trombone slide pin/pendant

I was so lucky to have found this in a box lot, I can't believe it,  now I need help with dating the item.  I think the leaves are green gold.  I put the stones on the gem tester and it said the middle was ruby/sapphire and the purple ones I could not tell but kinda went between spinel, topaz and sapphire.  I know the presidium will not say if synthetic or not but no biggie.  The pin/pendant is not marked but tested solidly as 14k with acid and the auracle metal detector.    I was thinking because of the trombone closure and the fact that it's not marked might make it an antique but I'm no expert and I was wondering if you guys would chime in, please???    My weekend bling!!!  wooo hooo    This is why I love doing this   The hunt is so much fun  Thank you guys in advance  

new 003.JPGnew 003.JPGnew 007.JPG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: I found a treasure!!! Help with era 14k Yellow & Green Gold trombone slide pin/pendant

Yes! Congratulations from me too heart

Yours is as lovely as the jewelry on this page 🙂

https://cogpunksteamscribe.wordpress.com/2015/01/16/suffragette-jewellery-a-steampunk-feminist-persp...
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Re: I found a treasure!!! Help with era 14k Yellow & Green Gold trombone slide pin/pendant

Whoa! Do you think it's one of those pieces? When I grow up I hope I have one tenth the knowledge you guys have. It's so interesting
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

I do 🙂
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

I was thinking suffragette, too, but it would be unusual (not impossible!) to have blue stones on it, as well. Either way, congrats on your find...I know that thrilling feeling :-D. As an aside, the trombone clasp was still used by the French well into the 20th century.
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

Interesting, all the stones look like shades of purple (violet) on my iPod.
Message 20 of 27
latest reply

I saw that on another thread the other day and that is why I posted for other opinions The smaller stones are definitely purplish The knowledge on this board is amazing and that fact that you guys are willing to help is so wonderful You all are so nice I only hope one day I will be able to contribute as much to this board as you guys do

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Got it! The smaller ones read as sapphire blue on my iPad...sounds like I need to check my color calibration!
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Thank you guys so much!

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

I went back and looked and in the darker pictures the small stones do look closer to a sapphire color.
Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Thank you 😉

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

🙂

You snuck in there 😉

Glad we could help. You have a wonderful prize there. Thank you for sharing 🙂
Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Lol I am berry berry esneaky and not to mention a night owl lol

Message 27 of 27
latest reply