cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How stoopid can you get?

I have been pestered to death by this customer in Peru over a $30.00 necklace that I mailed and he says he did not receive.

Let me say I have been going thru alot, havent listed hardly anything in over a month except for the tadpoles, LOL!  We are selling our house in WV and moving to FL for good.

Seems in my haste to mail the necklace I misplaced the customs # and therefore he knew it wasn't posted on the tracking.

He sent me another message and said he need that # and I started looking last night and found out I mailed him the necklace and he never paid for it!!!  So this guy was trying to get money back for the necklace and probably already had the necklace that I sent him too!!!

Well, I sent him a message that in searching for the customs # I found that he had never in fact paid for the necklace so it didn't really matter if it was lost or if he had it now does it?

I feel so stoopid he got the necklace for nothing and wanted me to pay for it.  Funny thing is I was about to. Smiley Very Happy  There's a sucker born every minute, so buy from me, you might get it for free and get money back too!!!

Carolyn

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

How stoopid can you get?

You obviously did not ship through ebay. Since now if you try to ship you get a big red letter stating not available item has not been paid for.

Not sure how you could have refunded him through paypay without a transaction to go by.

Chalk it up to we all have made mistakes. Good luck with the move.

Photobucket
"Today is a Gift that is why it is called the Present"
Sheila
Message 2 of 30
latest reply

How stoopid can you get?

You're right Sheila, I couldn't have refunded.  I didnt even think about that.  See how dumb I am.

I think maybe he should be reported.  He even tried to get me to lie on customs or give him a better price..  He got a  better price alright, free!!!

Carolyn

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

How stoopid can you get?

Oh I forgot, I don't ship thru Ebay.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

How stoopid can you get?

Wouldn't it be funny if it really was lost and it comes back to me! lol

Carolyn

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

How stoopid can you get?

Mercy! What a mess!  One more reason I don`t sell International..me no like headaches or pains in the ying yang.

Maybe you`ll get lucky & it WILL return to you Cat Happy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 30
latest reply

How stoopid can you get?

Lol a lady over paid on shipping I told her I was going to refund her the difference as I only charge what it cost I dont make $$ shipping. well today I freaking refunded her whole payment by mistake. She was kind enough to send it back to me but just one of those days today. So I to was stupid lol

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

How stoopid can you get?

OK Carolyn, let's get real here. I have never made this kind of mistake. And can I say, I have a lovely bridge to sell you 🙂

We all screw up once in a while. Don't beat yourself up, plus ignore this jerk and move on!

I do have to say I ship anywhere and I print shipping for international eBay sales through eBay. The best part is I get tracking even for 1st class! If this nasty situation hasn't turned you off to international sales give it a try. I print the label on my home printer, and for small packages like jewelry stick it in my mail box. How easy is that?

If I were you, I would sit down, have a cocktail and let it go!
Message 8 of 30
latest reply

How stoopid can you get?

When I started selling on ebay, almost 7 years ago, I had no idea what I was doing. Just plunged in, like I do normally. I began with listing a bunch of early 1900's postcards, that were from all over the world. I sold one batch of Africa postcards to some guy in Africa.

When he received the postcards, he messaged me, to let me know one was missing. I offered a partial refund, but he told me he wanted a complete refund, because I had "grieved" him. I'll never forget that word he used. Smiley Very Happy So, not knowing any better, at the time, and thinking, that if I didn't do what he wanted, I'd be kicked off ebay, I gave him a complete refund. Of course, I know better, now, but I was in the process of moving, too, so was a bit scatterbrained.

We live and learn. Nothing, at all, "stoopid" about what you did. Like Marie suggested, have a cocktail, and let it go.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

How stoopid can you get?

Carolyn ,

Oh no ! Moving is enough to drive anyone crazy , especially states away ! At least you caught yourself . Live and learn . Don't beat yourself up , and reach for some chocolate instead ! After your message , have you heard back from the guy ? Hope it finds its way back to you !

Mermaid. 🐳
Message 10 of 30
latest reply

How stoopid can you get?

i live in South Florida what part are you moving to?

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

How stoopid can you get?

Yikes!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 12 of 30
latest reply

How stoopid can you get?

Don't bring any tadpoles with ya to Florida!! Lol.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 13 of 30
latest reply

How stoopid can you get?

Central Fl, Leesburg   Sunshine

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

How stoopid can you get?

No Gauntlett, I have a small pond here and a frog has already taken up residence. Lol

Carolyn

Message 15 of 30
latest reply