cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How stoopid can you get?

I have been pestered to death by this customer in Peru over a $30.00 necklace that I mailed and he says he did not receive.

Let me say I have been going thru alot, havent listed hardly anything in over a month except for the tadpoles, LOL!  We are selling our house in WV and moving to FL for good.

Seems in my haste to mail the necklace I misplaced the customs # and therefore he knew it wasn't posted on the tracking.

He sent me another message and said he need that # and I started looking last night and found out I mailed him the necklace and he never paid for it!!!  So this guy was trying to get money back for the necklace and probably already had the necklace that I sent him too!!!

Well, I sent him a message that in searching for the customs # I found that he had never in fact paid for the necklace so it didn't really matter if it was lost or if he had it now does it?

I feel so stoopid he got the necklace for nothing and wanted me to pay for it.  Funny thing is I was about to. Smiley Very Happy  There's a sucker born every minute, so buy from me, you might get it for free and get money back too!!!

Carolyn

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: How stoopid can you get?

You obviously did not ship through ebay. Since now if you try to ship you get a big red letter stating not available item has not been paid for.

Not sure how you could have refunded him through paypay without a transaction to go by.

Chalk it up to we all have made mistakes. Good luck with the move.

Photobucket
"Today is a Gift that is why it is called the Present"
Sheila
Message 2 of 30
latest reply

You're right Sheila, I couldn't have refunded.  I didnt even think about that.  See how dumb I am.

I think maybe he should be reported.  He even tried to get me to lie on customs or give him a better price..  He got a  better price alright, free!!!

Carolyn

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Oh I forgot, I don't ship thru Ebay.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

Wouldn't it be funny if it really was lost and it comes back to me! lol

Carolyn

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Mercy! What a mess!  One more reason I don`t sell International..me no like headaches or pains in the ying yang.

Maybe you`ll get lucky & it WILL return to you Cat Happy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Lol a lady over paid on shipping I told her I was going to refund her the difference as I only charge what it cost I dont make $$ shipping. well today I freaking refunded her whole payment by mistake. She was kind enough to send it back to me but just one of those days today. So I to was stupid lol

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

OK Carolyn, let's get real here. I have never made this kind of mistake. And can I say, I have a lovely bridge to sell you 🙂

We all screw up once in a while. Don't beat yourself up, plus ignore this jerk and move on!

I do have to say I ship anywhere and I print shipping for international eBay sales through eBay. The best part is I get tracking even for 1st class! If this nasty situation hasn't turned you off to international sales give it a try. I print the label on my home printer, and for small packages like jewelry stick it in my mail box. How easy is that?

If I were you, I would sit down, have a cocktail and let it go!
Message 8 of 30
latest reply

When I started selling on ebay, almost 7 years ago, I had no idea what I was doing. Just plunged in, like I do normally. I began with listing a bunch of early 1900's postcards, that were from all over the world. I sold one batch of Africa postcards to some guy in Africa.

When he received the postcards, he messaged me, to let me know one was missing. I offered a partial refund, but he told me he wanted a complete refund, because I had "grieved" him. I'll never forget that word he used. Smiley Very Happy So, not knowing any better, at the time, and thinking, that if I didn't do what he wanted, I'd be kicked off ebay, I gave him a complete refund. Of course, I know better, now, but I was in the process of moving, too, so was a bit scatterbrained.

We live and learn. Nothing, at all, "stoopid" about what you did. Like Marie suggested, have a cocktail, and let it go.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Carolyn ,

Oh no ! Moving is enough to drive anyone crazy , especially states away ! At least you caught yourself . Live and learn . Don't beat yourself up , and reach for some chocolate instead ! After your message , have you heard back from the guy ? Hope it finds its way back to you !

Mermaid. 🐳
Message 10 of 30
latest reply

i live in South Florida what part are you moving to?

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Yikes!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Don't bring any tadpoles with ya to Florida!! Lol.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Central Fl, Leesburg   Sunshine

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

No Gauntlett, I have a small pond here and a frog has already taken up residence. Lol

Carolyn

Message 15 of 30
latest reply