cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with brown stone ID in RAGA Bracelet

Does someone know what this stone may be?  It is cold to the touch, high shine reflection, some slight variations in shading, some pin head size wholes? that could be natural or intentional?

IMG_7566.JPGIMG_7574.JPGIMG_7568.JPG

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Help with brown stone ID in RAGA Bracelet

I did mean pin size holes, not wholes. I really do know the difference. Smiley Embarassed 

Still hoping for some info on this bracelet.TIA

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

could it be a ceramic?

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Possibly Moukaite. The color range of moukaite is wide and varied though and it may be difficult to find that consistent of color in the carat weight of your piece.

Diane

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I just don't know what to think.  Does ceramic have a certain feel or characteristic?  Searching for the RAGA jewelry brings up a lot of watches and earrings made of horn.  Searching RAGA company history brings up the history of Indian Raga music.  Is there a way to test different stones?  I looked at some gemstone testing equipment but it seems geared more to genuine gemstones, diamonds and rubies, and very pricey.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Thank you for the the lead.  I looked at a variety of Mookaite images and I can see small pin holes in some of the images.  Not all, but some.  There seems to be a lot of Mookaite listed on here but it all appears smooth without any pits.  I'll keep looking and hope to rule out as many as I can. 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Maybe Coffee Jasper ? 

Just doesn't have as many striations as usual . 

Mermaid 🐠 

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Thank you. It is the color of a dark roast.  I've looked at a lot of different Jasper's but they have a lot of  variations. I'm not finding any info on the company either. Guess I will add a disclaimer to the listing that it's a best guess so I don't get one of those NAD thingys. 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I wonder if it is some type of reconstituted stone. Do the holes look like opened air bubbles?

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Designer pieces often use glass or epoxy. To state it's a natural stone they may use obsidian and obsidian comes in a wide variety of colors patterns and yes airbubbles may be present. Too dificult to determine by the pictures shown what it may be? I think doing a cold test on your skin will determine it is not plastic. After that it could be glass or some other common non-precious stone.

TINKERSILVER
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

The holes range in depth. Some pierce into the surface, some hardly pierce the surface. Kind of reminds me of a worm hole but none are any larger than the size of a pin head.  Some are straight down like someone actually stuck a pin in, others look like the pin "slipped" at a very slight slant. Does any of that make any sense? Most certainly cold. 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

They are very cold. I don't know if this info  helps but they are glued in and appear to vary a bit in depth. Some sit higher in the setting than others.  The ones that sit higher have a round square edge. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Do you have a clear (uncompressed) close up of a stone that shows the holes and bumps on the surface. Maybe an image cropped from an full size original.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Here is an uncropped close up. Please forgive my hand. Lighting in my house this time of day isn't very good and holding in the kitchen gave me the best view. 

image.jpg

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

image.jpg

Message 15 of 18
latest reply