cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sandy

Happy birthday to a very special lady!

Hope today brings you lots of happy things! 

lilies.gif

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sandy

Happy birthday, Sandy. Sorry it is a little late but it looks like the birthday fairy landed on you. Brightened up a rather dismal week.
Message 16 of 29
latest reply

Happy Birthday! We can keep this thing going for awhile

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 17 of 29
latest reply

LOL!  Yes, Mermaid I have added 4 new statues to my collection.  I went back when I figured they might have put them on sale and sure enough the last 4 were on sale, two greys and two whites.  so I painted three of them yellow, brown and peach.  I'm leaving the last white one open for future options.  

Thekozz7, first let me say this was the first estate sale like this I had ever been to.  I got notice of it through an estate notification site I use, estatesales.net.  So when it said by appointment only I figured it was an online sale. 

After viewing some of the pictures I reread the add and came to the conclusion that no, this sale you have to make an appointment for.  So I contacted them and got the 1-3 slot.  They had to limit the number of people that were allowed in because what you see in the add was all in only three small rooms. 

The people that were there were mostly collectors, but seemed more interested in the beads than in the finished pieces.  The sale started at 11:00 and was suppose to end at 3:00.  When I got there were still some people that were there from the 11:00 and were still there at 3:00 when I left.  The funny part was that they actually had to expand the end time and had set appointments up for people to come at 3:00. 

The people there were really courteous to each other given the fact that we had to climb over some buyers who had staked out an open area on the floor to go through some things and we were elbow to elbow.  I didn't think the prices were out of line although I heard some bead buyers say they were.  I will get some individual pictures going soon and will post them on this thread.  I was busy this morning cleaning some of the metal things I got and will post the pictures on this thread.  ALL IN ALL IT WAS ONE HECK OF A BIRTHDAY!  I do plan on going back for the other sales, how can I not?   

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 18 of 29
latest reply

Next sale date = Road Trip for me???  (I wonder how many eons it would take to get to Austin from here 😎)

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

Come on over.  I have a spare bedroom and a couch and a couple of blow-up mattresses.  They were talking about this week-end, but I haven't seen anything yet about it or how they are going to run it.  I'll let you know.  The more the merrier!  Believe me when I say there is more than enough to go around.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 20 of 29
latest reply

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party-HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

Looks like you had a great time! 

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Here are nine of the items I picked up on my birthday.

All.jpgA: Pretty Red Brooch - unsigned 

B: Rolled Gold Plated signed R.G.P.

C: Sterling signed Cubic Zirconia Ring

😧  Sterling Tested Imitation Mexican Fire Opal

E: 1930s Match Strike by The Match King

F: Bracelet - not sterling

G: Bracelet - not sterling still has the Made in Thailand paper tag 

H:  Necklace - not sterling can be worn two different ways

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Happy Happy Happy Birthday, Sandy!!!
Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 23 of 29
latest reply

@flipping_treasures wrote:

Thekozz7, first let me say this was the first estate sale like this I had ever been to.  I got notice of it through an estate notification site I use, estatesales.net.  So when it said by appointment only I figured it was an online sale. 

After viewing some of the pictures I reread the add and came to the conclusion that no, this sale you have to make an appointment for.  So I contacted them and got the 1-3 slot.  They had to limit the number of people that were allowed in because what you see in the add was all in only three small rooms. 

The people that were there were mostly collectors, but seemed more interested in the beads than in the finished pieces.  The sale started at 11:00 and was suppose to end at 3:00.  When I got there were still some people that were there from the 11:00 and were still there at 3:00 when I left.  The funny part was that they actually had to expand the end time and had set appointments up for people to come at 3:00. 

The people there were really courteous to each other given the fact that we had to climb over some buyers who had staked out an open area on the floor to go through some things and we were elbow to elbow.  I didn't think the prices were out of line although I heard some bead buyers say they were.  I will get some individual pictures going soon and will post them on this thread.  I was busy this morning cleaning some of the metal things I got and will post the pictures on this thread.  ALL IN ALL IT WAS ONE HECK OF A BIRTHDAY!  I do plan on going back for the other sales, how can I not?   

Thank you for sharing your experience. And thanks for the estate sales link. That's surprising that the 11:00am people were allowed to remain after 1pm. Wonder why? Sounds like you had fun...and indeed, what a way to spend a birthday!

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

As for the pieces you picked up, I really like D and H.

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

How about some beads!

Western Germany Plastic BeadsWestern Germany Plastic BeadsMother of Pearl and Red GlassMother of Pearl and Red GlassMisc BeadsMisc Beads

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Image result for happy belated birthday sandy

Sorry I missed your birthday, Sandy.  I sure do hope it was sweet!!!

TEX
Message 27 of 29
latest reply

Happy Belated Birthday Sandy--looks like you landed in the good fortune pool. Couldn't happen to a nicer lady!!!  Love the plastics you got--especially those sugar coated sets--they are to die for!  The necklaces are really special too.  Here's hoping you get to go back and get another fantastic haul!!!

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Happy Birthday! This wish is good for the entire month, Sandy, so party on!

Such sweet serendipity that notice of the sale came just in time and it looks like a nice haul.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply