cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glass beads...age? Origin?

The first necklace is all glass beads except the small spacer beads and the gold & silver facted beads. No makers Id on clasp.

The second glas white marbled beads are all different sizes like they are hand made. The clasp has no marks 😞 TIA

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Glass beads...age? Origin?

#2 blue beaded necklace reminds me of larimar. Did you test it?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

No I havent had it tested. To be honest, I have never heard of larimar! I was under the impression it is some type of glass.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Well then maybe it is. I'm sure you have your reasons for thinking so.

Let's wait to hear from the real smarties, though.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

My thoughts exactly on the blue looks like laramar.. That only comes from one place.. I love it, are the connectors gold or silver? have them tested as well.

I also love the multi-glass beaded one..Nice necklaces 🙂

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Sorry, that is larimar and Dominacan republic is the location..

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

The reason why I am thinking these beads are glass is because I recieved them in a large vintage lot of other glass bead necklaces, the metal links have signs of aging, and the beads themselves are not all perfectly round, like they were hand made. Under the loupe on some of the beads I can see very tiny air bubbles close to the surface. It is very hard to see because they are opaque. I googled larimar and they do look identical! I know nothing about larimar. Would it have air bubbles? I also see on my beads some inclusions on the surface and also a little under the surface.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Bubbles are why I was worried about whether it could be art glass. I haven't handled any larimar so was hoping someone could maybe ID it from the picture.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

the second one reminds me of a blue version of czech peking glass. SOmetimes the mark is very small on the thumb ring clasp or connectors.  I wonder tho if the clasp isnt a replacement?

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 9 of 9
latest reply