cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glass Bead Help

Hello Joolies , 

There are so many terms out there for glass beads , it's enough to make a girl's head spin . I'm wondering if there is a particular name for this style necklace . Also wondering if these are newer . There is a very bright and shiny barrel clasp on this piece , but it definitely looks like it could have been replaced. Any comments ? 

Im probably going to send a message to Belle , but I just wanted to check with you Joolies first .  

Mermaid 🐳  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Glass Bead Help

I`m goin out on a limb (cause I know nada of beads  lol)  but they look rather new to me.  

I would also think if an older piece with 'just a replacement clasp' it would have spacer beads of some kind.  So I dunno..sowwy 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Glass Bead Help

No worries . Even if it's newer I love it . I have always admired glass blowers , workers , artists . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Glass Bead Help

I would feel comfortable calling the main focal be a (Modern) Paperweight Lampwork Bead.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Glass Bead Help

Ah yes ...it does look like the flower paperweights , doesn't it ? No wonder I love it , I have 2 paperweights on my nightstand and 1 on my desk . 😍   

Just curious if if you know ...do they still use the term " Lampwork " in the modern glass bead making world ?  I would think they do . 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Glass Bead Help

I thinks so 🙂

I saw some really exquisite examples and the Artist at a local Christmas Fair last year.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Glass Bead Help

Crow & Sarah , 

I heard back from Belle and you were both correct . These beads are Lampwork    ( handmade with a torch ) and modern ( made within the last 10 - 15 years  ) . Just thought I would give you an update . 

Mermaid 🐳 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply