cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fabulous Sculptural Earrings, anyone recognize the maker?

Hi, I've had theses earrings for a while but I cannot seem to identify them. They have such a unique sculptural design to them. The only things I where able to find where three tiny hallmarks that I couldn't take better pictures of. Thanks, I appreciate the help!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Fabulous Sculptural Earrings, anyone recognize the maker?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Far out, groovy earrings.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

The three Hallmarks Left to Right are: Lion Rampart for Sterling Silver, Unknown Assey Office and the Date Letter X for 1997. The other Marks are hard to make out but one of them might be the Maker. If you have a soft cotton cloth try a gentle rub across the Marks. This might make the impressions pop a bit so they will be easier to make out.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Those are nice. I also like your use of clear plastic to photograph them on.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Revisiting the Hallmarks. The Lion Rampart is associated with Scotland. Based on this the Assey Office looks to be Edinburgh.

@arlene_v is more experienced with Hallmarks than I am. She might recognize the other Marks?
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Personally I don't see how you can make anything out from those marks, you guys are the BEST!!!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thank you so much for the info and for sharing. This helps alot, I appreciate it! 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Gorgeous earrings! I have zoomed in on the hallmarks and agree with OCN that this looks like a Scottish hallmark. The mark that I am unable to identify is the very first one in the sequence so that is throwing me a bit. I am also not seeing a maker's mark. 

Last year we were in Edinburgh and Glasgow and I got to see a lot of this sort of jewelry. This design and enamel work is actually quite typical of the better sort of jewelry being made, and it is very much in the style of  the famous Glasgow artist  Charles Rennie Macintosh, and the school of design that he represented, I would almost call it an Arts and Crafts look.  

This is good modern silver enamel Scottish jewelry (I agree with OCN on the dating of this as well).  The colours are wonderful. Sorry I can't help with a specific maker. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Another famous  name that comes to mind when looking at this design is Archibald Knox who worked for Liberty of London.  Many modern jewelry makers like Ortak base their jewelry on these old famous designers and the jewelry  is high quality and that is what I think you have here.  

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I agree.  I could see a lion rampant without blowing them up, and that means Scotland.   There's a strong Arts & Crafts influence, but they're not straight Macintosh.  No idea what they're worth on the open market these days but they weren't inexpensive when new.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 11 of 11
latest reply