cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

END OF THE YEAR BOARD CHAT OCT - NOV - DEC

4th quarter 22.jpg

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 113
latest reply
112 REPLIES 112

Re: END OF THE YEAR BOARD CHAT OCT - NOV - DEC

Thanks for watching out for him.  I hate to see people like this having dogs.  I agree they should have to live like they treat their animals.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 76 of 113
latest reply

Looks like he has some boxer in him.

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 77 of 113
latest reply

Howdy Long lost folks !! Member me?

Just popping in to see how you all are doing after all these years.

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 78 of 113
latest reply

Oh my word!!!   Sooooooooooooooo good to see you come back, girl!!!

How be ya???   We`re all still hangin in here  (sometimes we wonder why  lol) 

Please  Please, Please stick around!!    😁   (did I beg nicely enough??)   

As to the dog..I think the owner may have taken him with him this morning..I took trash cart down to road & didn`t hear any barking...course he could have left him in the house today.  I still plan on trying to catch someone outside (ain`t knockin on the door  lol)  & see if I can have a phone # to call in case it happens again. 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 79 of 113
latest reply

Dog update...

I got lucky & neighbor lady came home while I was out picking up pecans.   I motioned for her not to go in yet & went over (after I asked where the dog was  LOL) 

I told her what all happened yesterday..even told her I`d call animal control to come unwind him.   She still has her female. black dog. .and she`s in heat.  The  male dog WAS staying inside.. and he has made a huge hold in door trying to get to her in the room where she was..fortunately he didn`t get the hole big enough to get thru to her before owners came home..that`s why they have been putting him out when they leave now. 

He was out on porch while I was talking to her (I can`t see him there but I can hear him)...but they have blocked the section of the porch  leading to the steps..he is forced to stay on porch. 

I told her what happened to me right up front..which is why I would not go to him..course I heard the usual..he`s gentle..yadayada.  But she got my message.  

I asked for a phone # to call if it happened again...she gave me hers.  She said normally when he`s left out..her job usually allows her to come home & check on him on her break..but not yesterday.  I know I`d seen her come in & out before..but didn`t pay any attention.

I told her how long the dog was frozen in the standing postion not being able to move & it cold & raining..for over 2 hrs..then again at least another hour after he got even more tangled up.  

She said yes, her husband was really upset..said the dog almost killed himself.  I know it took him awhile to get that chain undone!

But at least I have someone to call now and I gave her MY number.   She`s really nice..him..not so much..kinda standoffish best I remember..only met him 1 time right after they moved in.
Message 80 of 113
latest reply

Howdy Buddy!  Good to see you.  Like Sarah said, stick around and join in.  What have you been up to?

Sarah, so glad you got to speak to someone.   How is Mr T doing.  Is his coloring getting back to normal?

Message 81 of 113
latest reply

Hi Sarah n Sandy n everyone else!!

Sure was hard to track down this board and WOW things have changed on here ! I'm still at a loss for getting here lol. 

Oh my Sarah poor Mr. T. pray he is doing so much better by now. 

Is that the same neighbor you got bit by their dog a while back?

Life fer me has changed a lot in the past 3 years and I live a totally different life now. I lost my husband, my oldest son and Buddy. It's taken a while for me to start to recover.

Good news is I have a sweet new little fur baby his name is Charlie and I think I am going to change my monkier to "Change for Charlie.96291505_3906047949437700_7996025642430758912_n.jpg

I'm thinking of starting back up on here ?

I haven't heard the greatest things about here lately and thought I would check in with the OG's .

How have things been going for you guys as far as sales , fees etc. 

Message 82 of 113
latest reply

Yepper, Sandy.T`s pretty well mended..he still has a slight puffiness under the eye..but it seems to be lessening gradually. Thanks for asking. 

I can tell the Parkinsons & the dementia has gotten a bit worse tho..not much..but some. ☹️  And of course his severe hearing loss doesn`t help things either..but we`re hangin in, if I don`t lose my mind first!  LOL 

You have been missed. Diane.  Am glad ya found your way back!  You`re right..lots of changes both here on the board & on the Bay. 

I am so sorry to hear of your losses..I remember Buddy so well..such a handsome feller! This is my fav pic of him

BUDDY3.jpg

Glad ya still have Charlie..he`s adorable! 

As to my neighbor & dog issue..naw..that was last place I lived.  Have been here for 7 years now.  I do feel better that I got to talk to neighbor lady about the situation tho,as I was really stressin over their dog..afraid they weren`t gonna get home in time for him. More stress is something I def don`t need!  LOL 

I`ll let the others fill ya in on  Ebay things..I`m not selling at the present time...will start back up after the holidays..hopefully.

If ya wanna send me a private message..just click on my ID and then Send Message (it`s probably  a little different from what you were used to) 

You`ll get notified on your envelope upper right, when you have messages

Again so very good to have ya back with us!! 😊 Not gonna let ya leave again! 

Message 83 of 113
latest reply

Sorry to hear about your losses.  Chuck passed 4 years ago and my two babies, Matisse and PePe a couple of years ago.  Yes, it does take time.  Some days are better than others.  I'm in the process of selling everything (mostly) and going on the road in my new 5th wheel with my oldest son and daughter-in-law.  Life is an adventure.

Yes, things have changed around here too.  I put this page in my favorites bar so all I have to do is click the tab to get here, unless eBay is fooling around.  Then it takes a little ingenuity to get here.  There are quite a few old timers still on the board, but they don't all sit and chat in this thread.

The new listing tool is a PITA with the new item specifics mixing fine and costume terms and requirements.  Just remember you only have to fill in the requirements and the rest is up to you.  If you are going to sell fine jewelry, check the requirements on how to list.  That has really changed with stone and metal definitions. 

Ask for help if you get confused.  

As far as sells and fees go, depends on what you are selling.  Fees of course have gone up so make sure you are familiar with them.  Sells, for me have been pretty steady.  But then I don't live off what I make here so I'm not in any big hurry to sell and if I sell a dozen items a month between my 3 ids, I'm happy.  The free 250 free listings are nice.  Do research on the type of items you are going to be listing to see what is currently available.  Use the completed listings to see what is actually selling and for how much.  Don't use eBay's suggested pricing unless you have done your own research.  They have a tendency to low ball their suggestions.  Again, don't be afraid to ask for help.

Hope this helps.  Good luck. 

Sandy
Message 84 of 113
latest reply

Oh my word!  Have ya`ll seen this short video of the mama chimpanzee finally seeing her baby for the first time!  Her reaction is priceless!!!! 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2022/11/19/chimpanzee-mom-and-baby-reunite-birth-zoo-cprog-orig-aw.cnn

Message 85 of 113
latest reply

I brought tears to my eyes.  

Message 86 of 113
latest reply

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing well! It's the start of deer processing season for me, I've got two to do, as of right now! I plan on getting garage up to snuff tonite, to start the processing and double checking my bag and vac sealer bag supply also getting the stuff moved around in the freezers so I have a place to stick the fresh meat! 

Busy week this week, but I'm very much looking forward to my four days off work!

Buddy, so glad to see you back here and Charlie is adorable!

Sarah, so glad you were able to contact the neighbors about the dog, hopefully they will take better care of him from now on. I'll agree with Larry, looks like there might be some boxer in the mix, just based on his face shape. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 87 of 113
latest reply

And she`s off and running with the deer!!   LOL  Gonna feel great to have that freezer full too!  You need to try canning  venison meatballs.  I have a recipe for using beef..it does not use any fillers of any kind (cause that`s a no no in canning) & they hold together very well!  Surprised me!  Let me know if your interested.

Enjoy your time off & have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Sandy..you`re not the only one!  The minute she saw that little hand reach out of the blanket & she grabbed that baby up & began rocking..I lost it with happy tears!   

Message 88 of 113
latest reply

Beginning of deer season always reminds me of the time I was a waitress.  We had a table that was mostly construction workers. They came in every day for breakfast and lunch. At the beginning of deer season they would all put in to a pot for the first person to get a deer. Came to a couple of thousand. One day mid season one of the workers came with his wife to claim the pot. They ask her what she used to get the deer. She replied 1976 Ford  truck. They paid up.

Message 89 of 113
latest reply

Hi Sandy & Freddi, 

Sandy I think I was still here when your hubby passed, I'm sorry. I think you were thinking of going Killeen(sp) then?

Sarah, That was so cute !! I needed that.

Freddi, knock yourself out with all that "deer" doing, It's not my cup-o-tea I don't eat meat.

I have relatives that just got 2 in Maine.

Well I've been going through things and I have a few pieces I hope to ask questions on later next week.

Are the boards still divided asking questions for real gold vs. Costume like in the past?

I have so much sports stuff I have to research and get rid of now. That's gonna be a whole new realm for me.

Sometimes I just feel like dumping everything in the trash.

Well Ya'll have a great day cya's

Message 90 of 113
latest reply