cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed bird anyone know maker no streaks on bird photo shows some glare Tx in advance

birdddddd.jpgbirdddddd.jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Detailed bird anyone know maker no streaks on bird photo shows some glare Tx in advance

is it marked KT? Have to see the back, esp the way the clasp is screwed in

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Detailed bird anyone know maker no streaks on bird photo shows some glare Tx in advance

Looks like a Takahashi.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I believe this is an "unauthorized copy of a Takahashi bird", as the Takahashi's never used screws to attach the pin to the bird, but rather used push pins, and some were signed "KT" as Cleio alluded to.  This info was taken directly from Julia Carroll's "Collecting Costume Jewelry #303" book, which has a lengthy description of several pages of Takahashi birds, and also makes for very interesting reading.

If this were a Takahashi bird, it would be sold for $100 - $200 here on eBay, but since it is a reproduction, although it is still worth something, that amount is only a smaller percentage of the value of the Takahasi bird.  Also, to sell it properly, you will have to disclose that it is a reproduction.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It looks like a 97 on the one photo, by the tail in the dark blue?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I do not see any numbers on the blue part of the tail Tx everyone for your responses

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I can see them very clearly.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply