cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D&E or Juliana?

Any one see this in their travels through D&E Juliana webstes?  Thank you.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: D&E or Juliana?

Photobucket
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I vote no . It just does not have the quality of design or construction of D&E .

It has an interesting look and a pretty color .

Mermaid 🐳
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Nice pin, not D&E. I'm busily learning stuff from a new Facebook group on training to recognize D&E and I see two things. One is no cast channels - the backs of stems on D&E pins have a reinforcement and look smooth, and on the front the stem rhinestones are glued in to a cast channel, not prong set and chained. The other is the stone cups - I just learned this yesterday. It's a little hard to see on my phone but it looks like the settings have little ridges at the corners like the prongs were layered on; D&E cups are smooth and all of a piece. I REALLY should put the link to Karla Wacker's Is It Juliana database in the Resources thread.

flotsamlogo
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank You!  I had to tell you that was excellent Information.

Janice

Photobucket
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Just FYI I think tha there are a few (not many) that do use the soldered rhinestone chain rather than the cast setting

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It's more common actually. I'd never seen a D&E cast channel until I joined the FB group.

flotsamlogo
Message 7 of 7
latest reply