cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming Attractions January 18 - 24th

Hello friends,  

Here is a place to share what you are working on.  Please keep photos small to help speed loading.  3 per post.  Post as many times as you like because we LOVE looking.  

IMG_3134.jpeg

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Coming Attractions January 18 - 24th

@southernmermaid8 

I am working on retooling selling on eBay after 2 years of slow steady decline in sales following changes made by the venue:  the full launch of PLA in early 2022 and the new Views counting around the same time coupled with the doubling and tripling of Suggested Ad rates for PLS campaigns.   Prior to 2022 I was a quarterly PLS user running 30 day campaigns about 4 times a year.  They were great, boosted sales during the campaigns, increased traffic, etc.  I averaged 2-3 sales per day.  In 2022 that all changed as the "Suggested" ad rates doubled and tripled, sales dropped to an average of about 1.5 per day during 30 day campaigns and a new trend emerged, BIN listings would tank between quarterly campaigns.  The net-net was 2023 was just over 1oK behind 2022 and just over 12K behind 2021.  That is not chump change for sure.

Sadly, I had to shift inventory elsewhere to maintain cashflow and until this week I had not acquired new inventory for over a month.  Then in 4th quarter last year I decided NOT to run my normal 4th quarter PLS campaign which was usually mid-Nov to mid-Dec to cover most of the heavy holiday shopping period.  Out of the blue I got not one but two messages, "We've missed you - try promoted listings standard again".

That pretty much explained why I was experiencing 50-60% of my listings with 0, 1, 2 Views in 30 days.  

Screenshot (342).png

Now keep in mind, all of this is just observing trends and testing some things and realizing that how Sellers sell is monitored.  So moving forward, the "retooling" has to be such that sales will naturally occur and the account can get back on a growth curve ... 

This is to encourage you to take a hard look at what you sell and how you sell in an effort to optimize your selling activity. I sincerely wish success for all of those selling in 2024.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Mr Lincoln,  I really loved your last 2 lines there.  “ This is to encourage…and I sincerely wish “ 

🤓🥰😊

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@southernmermaid8 wrote:

Mr Lincoln,  I really loved your last 2 lines there.  “ This is to encourage…and I sincerely wish “ 

🤓🥰😊

@southernmermaid8   Well, it really is an encouragement but Sellers have to face the facts they are presented with.  Then they have to try some different approaches or abandon old methods that stopped working.  

I was joking with a friend today, I might actually get a tax refund this year with all that I paid in on my quarterly estimates and my 2023 sales ... if so THAT money goes towards more inventory LOL!

I hope others can learn something from what I posted which is where the sincere wishes for success come in.

Regards,
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Thank you for your information, encouragement, and wishes.  It is nice to see you here, hope to see you more.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@flipping_treasures wrote:

Thank you for your information, encouragement, and wishes.  It is nice to see you here, hope to see you more.

@flipping_treasures 

I will try to remember to take a pic of my loaded Subaru from my inventory pick up today in snowy Maryland LOL!  Leaving soon, normally it's a 4 1/2 hour round trip ... 

Regards,
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Here's something that might be of interest.  My wife and I home schooled our two sons.  We converted a bedroom into a Homeschool room with a 3 position L shaped Formica topped desk unit with 8 foot long two level wall shelves.   Once they were finished with school we used it as an office for my business for many years.

Well, we now have 3 granddaughters who LOVE to do sleepovers here so last October we started to renovate the room and turn it back into a bedroom.  Our goal was to have it completed before Christmas and we met that goal by a couple of weeks and everybody loves that room now.

As requested I will only post 3 pics of the "after" results ... we still have some wall decorations to do but here are the fruits of our labor.  

20231218_204210.jpg   20231218_004040.jpg

20231218_004113.jpg

Regards,
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Great room 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Just a reminder, there is a thread at the top of the board called quarterly chat, that might be a better fit for this conversation.  Just a suggestion.  

This thread is designed for those items we we are working on for listing this week.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

mr_lincoln, thanks for the thought-provoking post.   I guess running campaigns and doing the calculations like you do is the best way to measure a promotion's success, or lack thereof. I run hot and cold on promotional listings and often feel blind and distrustful of ebay's use of those fees.  I feel more in control of my listings by sending out offers or lowering prices.  That is, until the urge to try promotional listings strikes again 😆.

Sandy, I can imagine how packed your Subaru is.  Sometimes I wonder if we buy to sell or if we sell to buy.  Ha! 

Here are some of my good pieces of silver going up tonight or tomorrow (selling to buy. hehe!).

Tufa cast sterling cuff signed by Navajo E. S. Mitchell:

e.s.mitchellcuff5.JPG

Unsigned Navajo turquoise overlay belt buckle:

buckle6.JPG

Massive hand-crafted Aries zodiac sign pendant:

aries2.JPG

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@flipping_treasures wrote:

Just a reminder, there is a thread at the top of the board called quarterly chat, that might be a better fit for this conversation.  Just a suggestion.  

This thread is designed for those items we we are working on for listing this week.

@flipping_treasures 

My sincere apologies for posting the bedroom pics on the wrong thread ... too many threads, just realized this was the jewelry board ... again, my mistake.  

@dream*peddler 

By the way, nice pieces, I take it you made those?  If so, nice work. 

Regards,
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Sorry I mixed you up with Sandy, mr_lincoln.  Yes, I indirectly made those.  I made the money to buy those so I could sell them 🤣😂😝.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

It's not a problem mr_lincoln and definitely no need for an apology.  I agree with dream, nice pieces and I'm sure the kids will love it.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@dream*peddler wrote:

Sorry I mixed you up with Sandy, mr_lincoln.  Yes, I indirectly made those.  I made the money to buy those so I could sell them 🤣😂😝.

@dream*peddler 

LOL, I've been called worse names than Sandy.  The reason I asked is that among my classes in college I had a Hot & Cold Metals.  We brazed, silver soldered, oxyacetylene welded, smelted brass and aluminum for sand mold casting and poured the castings.  I have an appreciation and respect for those who make their own jewelry.

Regards,
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@flipping_treasures 

Yes, the kids love the room ... 

Regards,
Message 15 of 19
latest reply