cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in the Handbag Authentication Program

Wouldn't it be nice if they expanded this to the antique gold pieces that are marked, for example, marked 14k that test 13.2k?  

Buyers Can Proceed with Purchase even if eBay Authenticators Find Listing Discrepancy - EcommerceByt...

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Changes in the Handbag Authentication Program

They're not that bright.  Holding antiques to modern standards is asinine... which explains everything. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

That happened to a friend of mine twice.  The first was a diamond ring she had appraised by her local jeweler.  Ebay's appraisers didn't agree with it and they sent it back.  The second time, ebay rejected a ring marked 14k because it was 13.6k.  How is this sustainable for sellers and ebay?  This only confuses the average person with little fine jewelry knowledge.  This seems like a lose-lose situation, especially for ebay, resulting in a loss of sales.  Who is paying for these so-called appraisers and all the round robin shipping?  I have some fine jewelry I'd like to sell, but this new appraisal system is stopping me.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I wouldn't sell anything good on eBay.  The line on the Sellers board is "Don't sell anything you can't afford to lose", or toss in the trash with $20 on top.  That's the way it is now and one reason I quit selling. Anything worth selling isn't worth the risk.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 4 of 4
latest reply