cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bracelet Customer Help Pleae!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a long story so bear with me, I am hoping you joolies can help me.

I was at the flea when a VERY intense woman came up and said “I found you! I bought a bracelet from you last year, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! But it broke!” She went on to tell me a friend tried to repair it but it didn’t work. She is clearly very much in love with the bracelet and very, very distressed that it is broken. She didn’t have it with her and didn’t have any photos.

We live on Cape Cod, she is a visitor from Westchester County, NY. I gave her my card with my email and told her to send me photos of the bracelet and maybe I can repair it.

I got the email and, honest to God, it doesn’t look familiar! It does however look like something I would have snapped up in a second so I searched back through 2 years of my records and can’t find any bracelets that I sold that even comes close, this piece is very distinctive.

I have Googled, searched ebay, Etsy, TIAS and Ruby Lane for anything close and can’t find anything.

She called today, I need to call her back but don’t know what to say. She was so convinced when I saw her that I sold it to her. She loves it so much I just want to make it right for her thinking good customer service will bring me good karma.

I know it’s not my problem, I didn’t sell it to her, but like I said, I want to make it right. If I could find another one I would gladly give it to her for cost. If I could figure our some way of repairing it that couldn’t cost more than it’s worth I would do that. But the construction looks like the hook that attached to the next link broke off and I can’t fix that, asking someone to solder a repair would be costly and may not last anyway.

Has anyone seen this bracelet anywhere? Does anyone have any ideas about repair that make sense? I would love to tell her something to make her happy!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Just be straight with her. Tell her just what you said re- going thru your records, etc. Perhaps she did shop your booth & bought something else, or just was a looker. 

Tell her in viewing the photos that you honestly see no way to repair it, but assure her you will begin searching for a duplicate &  contact her if you find anything close to it. 

Thats pretty much all ya can do as far as I see it

We can all help ya search..it does look familiar, so maybe an easy find

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

I agree with Sarah.  From the looks of it, it looks like base metal rather than sterling.  You would have a chance of fixing if it were sterling, but if it is base metal ... finding another like it will probably be easier.  Sorry.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Looks like it is a base metal that finally let go from age. Not sure if it is repairable even by the solderman. Also looking at the odd clasp hook-ups has me wondering if this was even originally a bracelet. Maybe looking at necklaces might be more productive?

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

That is so sweet of you to try and help this person! You are speaking volumes to your character in a few short lines. The best advice has already been given. Not much more to do other than hope you (or us) or the buyer can find an item like it. That bracelet is busted beyond repair most likely. 

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

I was wondering about the clasp also. Great idea to look for a necklace 🙂

I also had a thought, I will bring the pictures with me to the flea on Sunday and ask the other jewelry sellers if it looks familiar. It's bugging me that the buyer is so positive I sold it to her but it just doesn't look familiar. I am sure she stopped in my booth and that is why she remembers me. Maybe I can find the seller who did sell it to her. It won't help the situation, it will just make me feel less crazy!

Thank you everyone for your replies, I will let you all know if I find anything.
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Alter the bracelet to make a pair of earrings and pendant out of it 🙂

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

I thought of that but this woman is INTENSE! I'm not sure she would go for it.

In the mean time I am searching for a replacement and I want to pole the other sellers at the flea to maybe find who she bought this from.
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Where did the pics go?

Marie, I forgot what that bracelet looked like except that I think it was black and silver tone.

I was going thru some stuff last night and thought of your post.

If you want this one I would be happy to send it to you. Free, of course. Smiley Happy

It says MADE IN USA on the back/

DSCI7888.JPG

DSCI7890.JPG

TEX
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Oh, It measures 8 inches not including the clasp and the shells are 3/4 inch at widest.

TEX
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

My bad! I was cleaning out my FTP hosting site and must have trashed them, they are boack now.

Thank you Tex for you very kind offer! I fear I will never find anything to replace her broken one. Or, maybe, once I stop looking it will walk right up to me Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

So, do you vant it, Darlink?

I haven't sent you the crystal necklace for id yet so I could send them together.

I must get to the post office no later than tomorrow.

I broke my eye glasses Saturday... right at the nose...you wouldn't believe the things I've used to try and fix it

I keep patching and they keep breaking...they're plastic and even super glue won't keep 'em together.

I have a dr apt today for new ones. Anyway, not being able to see has really messed up my TO DO list.Smiley Embarassed

TEX
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@tex442kite wrote:

I broke my eye glasses Saturday... right at the nose...you wouldn't believe the things I've used to try and fix it

I keep patching and they keep breaking...they're plastic and even super glue won't keep 'em together.

I have a dr apt today for new ones. Anyway, not being able to see has really messed up my TO DO list.Smiley Embarassed

Just this morning I saw an Ad on TV where a lady broke her glasses at the nose bridge and fixed them with Gorilla Glue Super Glue 🙂

http://www.gorillatough.com/gorilla-super-glue

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

OCN, I will NEVER touch Gorilla Glue again. I have dry patches on my knuckles from that stuff from when I was repairing a cabinet.

Big mistake not to wear gloves but it was impossible to do what I had to do with gloves on.

It is good stuff but don't ever get it on your skin.

TEX
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

LOL, I sneezed this morning and the biotches fell apart again. I'm afraid to blink.

TEX
Message 15 of 21
latest reply