cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had a return yet?

Just got a return and a big surprise.  The return process is all changed.  You no longer get to respond to anything except yes or no you will or will not acceptthe return.  I did see the 2 items she was returning and why but they only had 1 item listed and the price of it on the return.  WHAT A MESS!!!!

Carolyn

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Anyone had a return yet?

That is worrisome Smiley Frustrated

So there is no longer any way to fight a SNAD Case made by a Buyer? Or are there no longer any SNAD cases?

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Anyone had a return yet?

Don't really know Crow. she just said they were too long for her.  Wasn't really an NSAD.  I never saw a return like that thing.  I could read why and what she was returning. 2 items but they only listed 1 and even gave me the option to gibe her her money back now and let her keep the item.  LOL

Carolyn  Yeah like I'm reall rich and I can do that, that's why I sell on here. to take returns and give back money and let them keep the item.  DUH!

Carolyn

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

Anyone had a return yet?

I tried to find info through google but no luck.

Did it say that if you said yes you would have to pay the return postage and /or if the refund was immediate on the Buyer providing a D/C number?

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Anyone had a return yet?

She just returned without any authorization?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Anyone had a return yet?

No, it did say the buy had to pay return shipping.

Carolyn

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Anyone had a return yet?

I guess she had some kind of authorization, they had her complaint, wasn;t called anything else.  Just was all different than any return that I had done before and didn't even include the whole return in the price they had figured, oly 1 item.  That's why I said it was a mess.  Now when she returns them, I;ll have to add the other item.  Oh , I don;t know, just wish they would leave things alone.

Carolyn

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Anyone had a return yet?

I agree, very confusing. It might be worth calling ebay to have them explain what you are seeing.

Were the items in the same listing or different listings but combined shipping?

If the same listing, I wonder if this is a new way ebay wants to deal with partial refunds. Reads like this is about partial refunds when it says refund and allow Buyer to keep item. Or did I read that incorrectly?

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Anyone had a return yet?

Crow,

She did buy three items seperately but I combined shipping on all of them and she is returning 2 items.  They only acknowledged the 1 item and did give me the choice of letting her return for a refund or refund her money and let her keep the item.

Carolyn

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Anyone had a return yet?

Arg ... what a mess ... I cannot wrap my brain around what ebay is doing except that the Buyer is returning two items but only has to give a reason on one of them yet because they are on the same Invoice you have to take both and refund regardless of what condition the other is returned in. Can you email the Buyer and ask the reason for the second item? I might be inclined to just to have a record if what they say or don't.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Anyone had a return yet?

Did you opt in to hassle free returns? Or I wonder if  eBay "accidentally" opted you in on these items. Sounds like a bit of a mess and hopefully you can clear it up with a call to eBay.

Sorry this happened. Hope you are able to get it all worked out. 

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

Anyone had a return yet?

No, I have not opted in on anything, an they are driving me crazy to opt in for the 60 day return and I will not do that either, I will quit selling first.

Carolyn

I am not giving my items away nor renting them, period!

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Anyone had a return yet?

By the way I have about 8 lots listed that I am getting no views on since I won't opt in on the 60 day return, hmmm......wonder why?

Carolyn

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Anyone had a return yet?

These longer return time frames are just nuts. Not sure, makes me think ebay wants us to be wholesalers for resellers. 30 or 60 or 100+ days only lets someone try to sell our item on in their shop or booth and if they cannot they return it.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Anyone had a return yet?

Didn't I read that they were randomly opting sellers in to hfr on a rolling basis? I think the idea was to start with a few sellers, then by spring of next year, all sellers would have to take returns for any reason, including buyer's remorse.

If OP's buyer had opened a case, OP would have to pay the return postage. (A new and improved selling benefit....to make our buyers have a positive renting

buying experience.)

So it looks like her buyer used the hfr and didn't open a case since the buyer was paying return shipping.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply