cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone familiar with these hallmarks?

Heavy solid sterling bracelet, has two hallmarks.  "SAAD" which I couldn't really find a similiar one of (just some other silver company but the mark is completely different), and this other small mark that's in several places on the bracelet.  I'm thinking it looks like a Norweigen mark?  Anyone have any thoughts? Thank you! P.S. - I'm having a heck of a time getting pictures uploaded, I keep getting a "invalid HTML" when I upload them the old way with the little image attach button? I tried as attachments, hope it works!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best life lesson my father taught me - "Always be up to speed when entering the freeway, because you can slow down a lot faster than you can speed up."
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Anyone familiar with these hallmarks?

Hallmark looks Middle Eastern, possibly Egyptian.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The mark is in Arabic. It matches the 20th Century one for Egypt on the 925-1000 site. I don't know enough about Egyptian pieces to know whodunnit or when.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

What about it being from Israel?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Fabulous, thank you all very much! I think Egypt is definitely the right direction Smiley Happy
Best life lesson my father taught me - "Always be up to speed when entering the freeway, because you can slow down a lot faster than you can speed up."
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Just an update in case anyone else comes across these marks.  I received an e-mail response from Saad of Egypt today.  They said that this is indeed one of their pieces, well over 30 years old.  Thank you Crow and Evely for pointing me in the right direction, as always! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Great News:)
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Congrats.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply