cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Ideas on Maker?

This is a big and chunky bracelet and earring set from the same 40's - 50's lot the trembler came from.  The green carved looking tiles are glass and the bracelet links are the same as the backs of the earrings.  Both are unsigned.  TIA

chunkyset.JPG

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Any Ideas on Maker?

How beautiful !  It definitely has some uniquely made settings.  I’m guessing it’s made to simulate Jade ?  Can we see the back of the bracelet too ?  It may help.  Off to research a little.  

💚💚💚

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@southernmermaid8 wrote:

How beautiful !  It definitely has some uniquely made settings.  I’m guessing it’s made to simulate Jade ?  Can we see the back of the bracelet too ?  It may help.  Off to research a little.  

💚💚💚

I agree and maybe the earring backs too as they can also sometimes give hints about a Designer.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

chunkyset5.JPG

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

It looks to be of very good quality.  The molded glass buttons are unusual and I like the silvery pearls and claw prongs.  The setting is also unusual.  I don't recognize the maker or even a country, but again, it will sell on its own.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

That really is lovely & so unique. 

I just found this SOLD item.. for reference only.  They listed it as 50`s.  I was thinking late 50`s-60`s, just based on the earring backs.  I was Google searching vintage carved green glass Czech bracelets & it popped up

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/bracelets/link-bracelets/1950s-carved-glass-pearl-wide-bracelet/id-v...

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I think I'll have to stand on them being pressed glass.  It's very hard to carve glass (not talking about intaglios), and with the set not being signed and there being multiples, I'm guessing it's manufactured and not hand carved.  JMO.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I was wondering how glass was 'carved' also, dream.. could they be molded glass?

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Yes, pressed or molded, for sure.  Can you imagine carving each glass button in reverse?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

If the earrings weren't clearly vintage, Stella and Dot keeps coming to mind.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Wow, that's exactly the same set!  Thanks. 🙂

Message 11 of 11
latest reply