cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another question..vintage, newer, trash?

I found this chunky set at a thrift store and bought even though some of the seed beads were missing. My thought was someone might want the earrings to use the beads for the bracelet when they start falling off down the road, lol. I can’t tell if it’s actually older or not though. The earrings are marked but unreadable. I tried looking up “seed beads vintage bracelet” on eBay but didn’t find anything comparable. Any thoughts out there?

49DB2B66-45EC-41B6-900F-471D6B4B0A2F.jpegC6CC48C9-BBE3-4D6E-834B-D720327A325C.jpegE456871E-4D90-4FF6-93A0-A1F9A5CFA2BF.jpegD2D587C6-CD2E-4B90-9CE0-9A1E4DC1A0F0.jpeg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Another question..vintage, newer, trash?

My gut reaction is 1970`s on this.,possibly late 60`s   

Could be wrong..but that`s my take on it

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yes, now that you say that it reminds me of some of my Mom’s 70’s jewelry. Thank you!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Judging by earrings which are clips and the holed backing I would say 1950s

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I agree with Sarah in the time frame for this set.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Not sure if this is old or a repro.

Why it looks old are the clips, (Napier style) chain with the fold over clasp and appropriate wear. All this feels vintage.

Why it looks like a repro is the obliterated mark on the earrings and the glued seed beads inlay instead of natural tumbled natural stones or wired on beads which are associated with the holed backs.

The different textures on the charms vs the earrings might point to a marriage too.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Crow, I didn’t even notice the texture difference! The blank area on the one earring through me off too. Hmmm…I guess I’ll just list it as vintage and not check off the original or reproduction box and let someone decide for themselves. The bracelet is wearable so someone may want it! (I hope, lol, if not it will go into the junk, craft box that I have been filling for eventual sale)

Message 7 of 7
latest reply