cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APRIL CHAT ... keeping our finger's crossed

April

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Re: APRIL CHAT ... keeping our finger's crossed

Morning :0

What wonderful news Sandy, glad both mama and baby are doing well. Love the name too, sounds strong like the little guy.

How are you fairing in the storms?? Looks awful on the news. 

It's finally stopped raining here and the weather this week should be wonderful. I can hardly wait to get down and dirty. Dh is going to till the garden beds and we're gonna start planting and breaking up some other flowers n moving em. I'm still working on getting something to grow where a tree fell in 98 in the front yard hopefully I will get that done this year lol.

Well gotta run for a bit,,bbl,,hagd everyone AND please if'n ya can send some xtra prayers for those poor people in Nepal and India

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 91 of 105
latest reply

Brains of older people are slow because they know so much .

People do not decline mentally with age, it just takes them longer to recall facts because they have more information in their brains, scientists believe .

Much like a computer struggles as the hard drive gets full, so, too, do humans take longer to access information when their brains are full.

Researchers say this slowing down process is not the same as cognitive decline .

The human brain works slower in old age, said Dr. Michael Ramscar, but only because we have stored more information over time.

The brains of older people do not get weak. On the contrary, they simply know more .

Also, older people often go to another room to get something and when they get there, they stand there wondering what they came for.

It is NOT a memory problem, it is nature's way of making older people do more exercise .

SO THERE!!

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 92 of 105
latest reply

Sandy , im hanging out with 2 English Bulldogs and a **bleep**zu at my cousin's house so I am loving the roly poly picture . I slept in a little myself until 8:00 ! Must be something in the air .

I finally found some Jools yesterday . I was beginning to wonder if I would not find any this trip . We went to a flea market where I met a guy that was moving back to fine jewelry so he was willing to clear out his costume for a low price , YAY ! Nothing too fancy , but some vintage costume , which I love . Weiss , Coro , and Monet among others .

It's my Mom's birthday so we have a busy day planned . We are going to a vintage consignment today , so I'm hoping to find some more ! Just wanted to check in and wish everyone a happy day !

💜 Mermaid
Message 93 of 105
latest reply

Sarah ,
That is great information and it does make sense . Since it's my dear mom's birthday , I'll share this with her . I'm sure she will get a kick out of it .
💜 Mermaid
Message 94 of 105
latest reply

My good friends step daddy passed away yesterday from kidney cancer. He's been sick for awhile now, but on the whole I think he'd been doing pretty good. I think they knew this day would come, but I don't think they knew it would come quite as soon as this.

Sigh, he was a heck of a good guy and a trucker. Gonna miss him for sure!!

Still not warming up here much, but the sun is shining, so we'll take it. 

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 95 of 105
latest reply

I've been prety quite lately.  Had a lot going on.  Welcome my first grandhild "Katherine Elizabeth (Lizzie).  She was born Easter Sunday after 30 hrs of labor ended in an emergency C-Section.  All are well and I'm delighted!

11115586_10106108060893940_2443705431996155003_n.jpg

Photobucket
Message 96 of 105
latest reply

What a cutie!  And a girl!  Just think of all the things you can teach her about vintage jewelry.  I hope she enjoys it as much as my Shelby does.  Glad both Lizzie and mom are doing great.  Congrats!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 97 of 105
latest reply

Sebw1959 ,
I was wondering what you had been up to . I knew we hadn't seen you on the boards for awhile . Lizzie is adorable and how sweet an Easter baby . Glad her and Mom are well . I'm so happy for you .
💜 Mermaid
Message 98 of 105
latest reply

bodyfatfunny.pngpjfunny.pngfunnybaby.png

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 99 of 105
latest reply

Good morning to all!

Just a little bit of fussing!  You know how PayPal urges us to give free shipping.  Well, I've been doing quite a bit of shopping online lately for clothes for my grandkids and something to wear to a wedding for me.  The deparment stores sure aren't giving free shipping.  Just ordered two very light weight bras from Hanes and the shipping was $8.  This is typical for everything I have ordered lately.  eBay needs to get real.  End of rant!

Sun today but expecting more rain!  Need to strew some wildflower seeds that I purchased.  The yard guys came yesterday so they won't blow them away and they may have a chance to come up before they come again.

Happy gardening to all!

Carol

Message 100 of 105
latest reply

Hello everyone!

Baby is too cute...glad to hear her and momma are doing well!

Yes, yes I do change into my jammies as soon as I walk in the door when I get home, I dislike 'real' clothes, lol

Visitation tonite for my friends stepdad and funeral is tomorrow...

On the other hand, I've got some good news...please allow me to introduce Bandit! He joined our happy little family last nite...

IMG_1554.jpg

Cricket's nose is only slightly out of joint...she's not 100% sure what to think of this 'interloper' LMAO!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 101 of 105
latest reply

Awwwww what cutie pies!    Babies & kitties..doesn`t get much better

Did  Bandit just show up, or did you adopt him? 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 102 of 105
latest reply

friend of ours, who lives in the country, had them. We took him to make sure he lived in the lap of luxary. His litter had 6 kittens, but momma's moved them a lot...and was down to 4 before we took him last nite.

he *is* a bit early to go away from momma, but figured it was safer to take him now then wait and him be gone...

Message 103 of 105
latest reply

What a cute kitty!

Love the baby's passie.

Message 104 of 105
latest reply

He's so stinking cute. Bandit now 'squeaks' when he hears my voice. Probly cuz I'm feeding the lil guy 🙂

We laid to rest a very very ver good man today. My BFF's stepdad. He was a truck driver, just like Clark, my first husband. The funeral and graveside services were very beautiful. He'll be missed for sure.

I came back to work and I really shouldn't have. I should have taken the whole day. I didn't think I'd be that upset. I'm better now, but it was hard for a bit.

Another one gone way to soon IMHO...

Message 105 of 105
latest reply