cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

585 ND Brooch 14k

Well I've tried again to get a good pic of the mark...for some reason my camera just can't seem to focus in on it.14k 008.JPG585 pin a 009.JPG585 pin a 004.JPG

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: 585 ND Brooch 14k

Hi Shaduh,

Thanks for those pics. I was so hoping I might see Finnish hallmarks here, and possibly Lapponia, but this is not a maker's or manufacturer's mark  I recognize.

Maybe someone else will be able to provide more insight, I hope so! I have a modernist white gold choker with a very similar look and have never been able to ID the maker, and it drives me crazy. So many makers copy other designers etc etc. and trying to track down the individual marks is the road to madness! LOL. 

Anyway, nice find. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

That brooch is stunning. Congratulations!
Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Thank you arlene v & markowitz57...The initial mark ND is over the 585, so I was researching & found a ND mark for Nanna Dietzel...she was from Denmark & was a designer with Georg Jensen...trying to get a better pic of the marks, the ND 585 on my brooch is proving to be impossible for me to photograph, I'm going to see if my sister can't take a better picture with her fancy camera... anyway, that's all I've found so far...Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Beautiful 🙂

There are a couple tricks that might help get an image. Check your focus settings for two things. One is how it focuses, I have mine set to center spot. The other is a focus assist light. Maybe one or both might help if your camera has them.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thank you OCN....I'll see what I can do with my camera settings.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Another tip I've read is to use a scanner if you have one to try and capture the mark.  I've seen some pretty stunning results of marks using a scanner but the piece was usually flat.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

No scannerSmiley Sad

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Scanners can work really good and some work way better than others on dimension items 🙂
Message 9 of 9
latest reply