cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14KT gold finds for today

We went to a yard sale and picked up all of the below for a song literally...all 14kt.  The bracelet which I think is sweeeeeeeet is missing two turquoise balls...

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

very nice finds

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down.
Wilson Mizner
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Sounds like an awesome score, but I cant see the photos.  Think they may be too large?

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Beautiful, love the turquoise!

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I am unsure why my pics are appearing so large.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Turquoise is gorgeous!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Myself, I don't usually have any prob with large photos but, the last few I've seen have been absurdly truncated - like I don't see what the subject is or only some small part of it. And now, as I return to this thread only a few moments later I see something very different (meaning I can now see the entire pieces). Weird? Must be  a "phone" thing.

I'm a dinosaur and don't have this kind of phone - only a PC. If/when I start hounding estate sales or otherwise find a need, then I will consider getting a phancy phone. Or perhaps I'm just waiting for that all-in-one device that attaches to the brain/retina to deliver email, conduct online research, has no monthly fees, and doesn't need to be recharged.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Hrm, 'edit' button lost? I was going to say, "and plays my favorite shows & movies".

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Not really related to this but people viewing from phones are not getting all the description in the listings and the photos are very fuzzy Wonder what that is all about? I'm sure that'll make for a few buyers remorse purchases and red donuts for sellers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Thanks folks

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Mimi, it's not just that your pictures are huge, but they don't automatically resize down to display on phones - they auto-crop instead so all I see is the left-hand edge. Background, none of the piece. It might have something to do with the way pictures upload via mobile.

flotsamlogo
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

It's happening on my PC and the other boards as well.  Just refresh the page and the pictures will re-size for viewing.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Nice score !

I love the men's watch, I wear a similar one as my every day watch. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Thanks all.  I just spoke to my jeweler who also has a fondness and is quite smart with older pieces, he just advised me that the pendant on the far left hand side is definitely pre-1900's, and he believes is actually like 1820-1840,  There is a small problem with it thought, the little hooky thing on the back that attaches it to the open gold oval needs to be soidered closed.  Otherwsie all good.  Would you try to fix this or sell it as is?

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Mimi, I love turquoise and gold and I love that pendant.  If it were me, I'd fix it and keep it Smiley Wink.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 15 of 17
latest reply