cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Chanel Perfume

I recently sold a lot of Chanel perfume for $306.00 Item Number 332215565505  Knowing little to nothing about perfume, I represented the lot to the best of my ability.  The buyer contacted me almost immediately, asking for a 30% refund.  She claimed I misrepresented  the total amount of actual perfume in the lot. Her main complaint was that I had included the caps in the measurement of the bottles. Is it standard procedure to measure perfume bottles only to the shoulder?  If that is true, then I am in the wrong, but I would assume that common sense would dictate the cap would be included in the measurement. She is trying to ding me for every droplet! I offered her 15% refund, since admittedly I  didn't know how much the two black bottles contained. I also said she could return the lot and pay the shipping. She countered with 22% refund, and I pay the shipping since I had misrepresented. I don't feel that I did. I DO KNOW all about Ebay buyer bias! I once sold a 15 year new/old stock,  unopened Harley watch. The buyer was shocked to discover the battery was dead! He required that I pay him the cost of a new battery plus installation. He won the case! Should I just pay Chanel buyer the $67.00, or do I stand a chance in fighting this?

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0