cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay's authenticity guarantee: can it be applied to *much* older, vintage designer handbags?

I have a gucci purse that is VERY early--somewhere between the 1930s and 1950s.

Can the authenticators doing the authenticity guarantee effectively evaluate something that old? it has the correct internal gucci stamp and is a VERY old style and design. 

I would like to list it on ebay but i'm concerned that their system for authenticating gucci bags won't have the information needed to evaluate something this old. 

please let me know! 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: ebay's authenticity guarantee: can it be applied to *much* older, vintage designer handbags?

I will say 60's on the era since the strap is in line with the 60s when shoulder bags became popular

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Re: ebay's authenticity guarantee: can it be applied to *much* older, vintage designer handbags?

With all respect to your great knowledge postingId2017 I think that bag could be 50s. Honestly not a whole lot of difference but the bottom line is that it’s definitely authentic to anyone who knows vintage Gucci and I personally think it’s a waste of money to authenticate it.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

it's not a shoulder strap, it's a handbag--short strap. 

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

sorry, i should have included a picture with a ruler in it! it's a small bag, like an evening bag. the bag itself is 7.5" by 6.5"...so i can see how the proportions could fool the eye without measurements for context. 

Message 19 of 19
latest reply