cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Chanel purse

Could you please help me identify this vintage purse. 

I tried to upload an image, but it didn't work.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0qk27hw6uusetfjmfmduw/IMG_2793.heic?rlkey=cgs16ko74r1533ewc4ay9q2ub&d... 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Vintage Chanel purse

Than you @albertabrightalberta 

I’m not a Chanel expert, not even close. This purse is a thrift store find. I almost didn’t buy it, because I assumed it was fake, finally bought it with the intention to cover Chanel logo and wear it.

I can tell that leader is a high quality, initially I thought it was satin. It’s hard to take a good picture of the hardware, it is a mirror.  That made me think it might be authentic, so I wanted to check before gluing something over logo.

google image search didn’t return an exact match, just a few purses with similar hardware.  Those have leather interior patch, allegedly limited edition ones have metal patch.

Hope someone will be able to tell 

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

This bag is the Chanel east and west satchel bag. It's a vintage bag for sure. The letters do not seem right to me. Furthermore, I would like to see the serial number on the bag because I can check to make sure it is authentic. counterfeiters can replicate it very well. The metal hardware should high quality. if you come across Chanel very often.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

It doesn’t have a serial number. Metal hardware is heavy, good quality 

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

If it does not have a serial number, be it yellow or red tag. I would be concerned about it not having serial number. Because without serial number it will be difficult to point out if it's real or not authentic.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply