cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach handbag creed

Hiya! I have been looking at coach bags to buy on ebay. I am aware the coach creed usually starts with 'This is a coach bag'. However, there is one style I am looking at, the marlow, where it seems to say coach accessory? I at first thought this looked weird however every other marlow I have seen also says 'coach accessory' instead of 'coach bag'. I couldn't find any information about this online, does somebody know if this is just the languaged used on some bags or if I should stay away from buying it?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Coach handbag creed

Coach creeds dont always begin with "This is a Coach bag..." They begin with whatever Coach feels describes the item best according to how Coach classifies it. The Marlows Ive seen are small bags, most seem to be smaller than 8x6 inches, and almost all small bags that are considered Minis, crossbodys, demis, and others are classified by Coach as "accessories" and many of them dont have creed stamps and/or serial numbers either.

That doesnt mean or prove that yours is genuine, though. But the creed wording does NOT prove that its fake. If you want it actually authenticated you can do so at the Fashion forum, be sure to post a full set of photos, front, back, side and inside including ALL tags and patches. A few small tags may be along an inner seam or at the bottom of an inside pocket. Nothing can be authenticated without photos.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Can you please share a creed pic and a pic of the bag and dimensions? Thanks

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hiya, I am not the owner of this bag, these are the pics I have been sent.Screenshot 2022-02-18 185608.pngScreenshot 2022-02-18 185729.png

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for that. I guess i've just never seen a variation on the 'bag' part before which confused me!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

If this is an Ebay listing, please include the listing number or a link. If its from another site, I suggest using caution. I can only find one comparable Marlow in this style on Ebay.  All the others seem to be coming from sites outside the US and there are no comparable creed photos. I wouldnt recommend buying from sellers or sites in the Philippines, Myanmar, Japan, or other countries in the Far East with a record of selling fakes, there are one or two details in your photos that worry me.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@fashionclubgurl wrote:

If this is an Ebay listing, please include the listing number or a link. If its from another site, I suggest using caution. I can only find one comparable Marlow in this style on Ebay.  All the others seem to be coming from sites outside the US and there are no comparable creed photos. I wouldnt recommend buying from sellers or sites in the Philippines, Myanmar, Japan, or other countries in the Far East with a record of selling fakes, there are one or two details in your photos that worry me.

Here is the link, it is from the UK. Link 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Which are the bits that worry you? 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@conwill-2613 wrote:

Which are the bits that worry you? 

That I can only find one like that with the Signature fabric here on Ebay. Usually items that have been sold in the US Coach Factory Stores within the last 2 or 3 years are pretty easy to find. Almost all the others like it that I found on Google are from sites outside the US or from countries with known problems concerning making and distributing counterfeits, and that now includes Japan. I believe they were sold in the US and the UK but I cant find any to use to compare details. 

The stamping on the creed isnt very sharp. In the photo its almost unreadable, it took me 3 tries just to figure out what the style number was and to find a few examples. Genuine Coach stampings are usually clear and readable. If I didnt already know what the creed stamp was supposed  to say, I wouldnt have a clue.

NONE of the results from Ebay or Google show a clear readable photo of the creed patch and serial number. That doesnt necessarily prove that theyre fake, but theres no way to prove that theyre genuine either. Those 2 details are the most dependable indicators of whats real and what isnt. It makes me uncomfortable when sellers wont show a clear photo.

There are a few other things that concern me but I dont intend to give the crooks any more hints about how to make better fakes so Ill just leave it there. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I agree totally with @fashionclubgurl and although in your other thread here someone told you it's authentic, I stand by my educated opinion that the bag cannot be deemed authentic based on the pictures shown and although you said you don't think it's a "massive deal" if fake because of the price, that's your decision.

My opinion is that for an auction starting at £75.00, which is over $100 USD, that IS a lot of money, especially if fake! 

Since the listing hasn't ended yet, I don't recommend bidding unless the seller is willing and able to send good clear pictures of the following: 
1. crystal clear and legible picture of the creed. (She might have to use something to prop the bag open to get a clear picture)

2. Both sides of the made in label.

3. Clear closeup of the clip at the end of the chain

4. clear pictures of the turnlock (both back of male and markings on female sides)

5. Full picture showing the interior of the open bag looking down from the top

6. Picture of interior pockets opposite the pocket with the creed

If further pictures are needed, I can request. 

Suggestion to all buyers, sellers and lurkers: Ebay allows 12 pictures per listing and lets you upload them free of charge to your listings! Take advantage of this freebie. For sellers, let your buyers know what they're getting. For buyers, don't buy without a full set of pictures so authenticators can verify the item. 

I've seen way too many close fakes of newer styles within the last 8 years so without clear and definitive pictures, I will not authenticate an item, possibly costing YOU, the buyer, your hard-earned money! (And I can't even count the number of times I've seen fakes be sold for more money than an authentic version of the style the fake is copying!)

Some others seem to feel differently.

I shall c&p this reply in both threads on the same subject but in the future, please post just one thread. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 10
latest reply