cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentic Louis Vuitton purse removed

I was wondering if anyone here can help.  I had my listing removed because they said it was counterfeit?!?!  I know it is 100% authentic because I personally bought it myself at an Louis Vuitton store in Nashville.  I posted detailed pictures, all angles with date code as well.  I also mention that I will send a copy of my original receipt. I contacted customer service practically brushed me off and stuck to their decision.  They said “experts” determined this.  I said they should get real experts because whomever said this about my bag obviously does not have a clue about authentic LV’s!!  Has this happened to anyone??  

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Wow!  I will check it out!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 26 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Has happened to many because even a LV store take 'returns' and sometimes the 'worker' accepts a 'fake'- gives refund; puts back on shelf for 'next buyer'. 

Post the pictures of it here, someone will be along that is pretty good at seeing these type things. 

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

I assume it was the authentication people. I am not familiar with that purse, but you certainly took nice pictures.  

There are other places you can use to have it authenticated..not for resale on eBay, but for your own piece of mind. Contact the LV store where you bought it , and ask if they could look at it, and take your receipt. 

Those large sales that fall through really put a dent in the budget. I know as I sent a sapphire ring to a lady, it was authenticated , she got it, and now says it doesn’t look like the pictures. So it is back at the authenticity people, and then back to me.  Keep us posted.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

If you listing was removed from eBay there is no relisting it.

Customer service is known to not be 100% reliable.

It may or may not have been looked at by a person.

LV is very strict and eBay, it seems, tends to err on the side of caution with selling some items.

Even if you can get it authenticated at the LV store, dont relist it here.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 4 of 30
latest reply

I think it didn’t pass authentication because if you look at the listing, it is under “sold and the price is in green”

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

@heybeautiful101 wrote:

I was wondering if anyone here can help.  I had my listing removed because they said it was counterfeit?!?!  I know it is 100% authentic because I personally bought it myself at an Louis Vuitton store in Nashville.  I posted detailed pictures, all angles with date code as well.  I also mention that I will send a copy of my original receipt. I contacted customer service practically brushed me off and stuck to their decision.  They said “experts” determined this.  I said they should get real experts because whomever said this about my bag obviously does not have a clue about authentic LV’s!!  Has this happened to anyone??  

@heybeautiful101 

Is it a different bag than the one you sold on November 26? (I'm assuming it's a different bag because that listing wasn't removed so it must have passed authenticity.....unless it was unpaid and relisted.) 

Was it removed as counterfeit or was it authenticity undetermined by authenticators? 

Can you post pictures and LV experts can offer opinions? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

@heybeautiful101,

I had the same thing happen in 2018.   I listed a few Louis Vuitton items on my other account.  They belonged to my mother & after keeping them for a long time for sentimental reasons, I decided to sell off a few items.  They were 100% authentic ... I purchased them myself at Saks Fifth Ave.  They were vintage, probably 30 years old,  so of course I had no receipt.

They were the larger size wallets ... my mom kept them in perfect condition.  I had lots of good photos, over 3000+ .... 100% feedback, ... but as soon as I put them up, they were taken right down by Ebay for being "counterfeit." 

I'm a bookseller so it was a different type of item for me to sell.  I had sold some designer handbags before but never LV.   All I did was email Ebay & they 'allowed' me to put them back up. They sold quickly, buyers were happy  & that was that.   I have more LV items to list (mom was a collector)  but I haven't attempted to yet.  I'm not sure if I even want to sell them on ebay, with all the scammers now.  

Times were probably different ...I didn't have to have them authenticated or anything like that.  So while it did happen to me, I'm sure others that have more knowledge of this category will have some better advice to give you going forward.  

If you sold that handbag back in Nov., did you have any problems listing it?

That was an expensive item, but it looks like it sold.  ~Good Luck!~

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Wow, are you kidding?  I thought everyone that works in a LV store is an expert on authenticating their items!!!  I hope that did not happen to me!  If that’s the case, I am sure I have all the proofs of purchasing that particular bag on that date.  I’m sure there’s some type of records for proof?  

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Oh I definitely will never sell on EBay again after this!  I am irate to say the least!  

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

I did revise it a couple of times, I don’t know if that did it?  

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

I have sold a few Louis Vuitton purses from my own personal collection.  I don’t remember selling one in November though.  
My understanding is the listing got removed, not sold and sent to authenticators.  Where do I post the pictures on here?

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Wow, definitely different times. I have been confident buying designer items because of their authentification before shipping to buyer, not anymore!  If they can mess up mine, I imagen there’s many more that fall through the cracks!  

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Here are the pictures, I even have a video.  Maybe the confusion is I had listed it, later did not like the pictures and instead of revising it, I ended the listing and started a new listing with the new pictures 🙄

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

The Louis Vuitton I sold back in November was another bag.  The buyer paid then asked to cancel because she used the wrong card to pay.  She never responded after that and then I decided to keep that one.  

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

When you contacted Customer Service did you use the phone or  the Chats on social media?

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.

And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply