cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

theft

I ordered a product on 11/30/2023, the seller has not sent the item, they have not responded back to my several attempts to contact them to request a refund or send the item.  I reached out to ebay and this is what they tell me .  

We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t receive your item. We have asked the seller to respond to your request.

Your purchase isn’t covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee, but we encourage you to work with the seller to agree on a solution.

So I reach out to the seller again, with no response.  I file another complaint and this is what I get from ebay.  

We noticed your request is still open, so we wanted to check in.

This item is not covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee, so we encourage you to work with the seller to resolve this request. If your issue is resolved, you can close this request. We will automatically close this request on Feb 19, 2024.

I missed the deadline that was given by ebay to follow up.  I tried to submit another complaint and now it won't let me.  

After being a member of ebay since November 17th 2008 this is how I get treated.  Shame on you ebay! 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

theft

Did you purchase the item from a seller in a different country?  There are a few situations where the MBG doesn't apply, and it sounds like this may have been one of them.

I missed the deadline that was given by ebay to follow up.

Well, that's on you, for that part.  eBay is pretty strict about time frames.

You could reach out to eBay on Facebook using their messaging app, to see if they can help you there:

https://facebook.com/ebay

Or Twitter (X):

https://twitter.com/askebay

Good luck.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

theft

You have not mentioned the last estimated delivery date.  You had 30 days after that date to open an item not received case with eBay.  You have only ONE chance to do that with eBay.

If that deadline has passed, you have 180 days to open a case with Paypal, if that's how you paid.

Failing that, you need to do a chargeback on your credit card and most of them give at least several months.

May I respectfully suggest that you take the time to familiarize yourself with the MBG.  This didn't need to happen like this if you had understood your options and had used them in a timely fashion. 

Incidentally, this applies to eBayers who have been here a million years and also to those who just signed up last week. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply