cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What exactly are the negative feedback policies? ( this is absurd)

Someone  recently sent me unwarranted feedback. I sent a description to the "Request to remove feedback" section and explained why the buyer was wrong. I was denied 15 minutes later. I wrote:

"The ad clearly states that these discs did not come with the original cases. It also says they come with generic replacements. The buyer did not read the ad before buying. Also he did not have the courtesy to check the ad again to see if he missed the disclaimer before adding unwarranted negative feedback. Also, he stated that the disc came in "sleeves". They did NOT come in sleeves, they came in plain poly cases. I emailed him 2 days ago and he ignored me.

I would also like to revise my positive feedback I left for him before he left me unwarranted negative feedback. Thank you."

Now can someone explain to me how I am not in the right here? This is equivalent to me selling a bike frame ONLY. The person buying it, then leaving me negative feedback because "it didn't come with wheels".

This is a perfect example of someone (me) who should justly get the negative feedback removed.

What are the policies if this doesnt count as a warranted revision? Ridiculous. I had perfect feedback before this person smeared my rating.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

This link to the policy for defect (and feedback) removal is the most relevant to your question.

eBay automatically removes feedback that qualifies by these guidelines. In rare cases, the feedback may not be removed automatically, and in that case, a seller can appeal and ask for it to be removed. If eBay finds that one of these guidelines will be met, then the feedback (and associated defects) will be removed.

Feedback that is inaccurate, or resulting from a misunderstanding does not qualify to be removed. eBay cannot see or inspect the item, so they do not make a judgement as to whether an item matched the description or not. They can't tell who is telling the truth, and they allow the buyer to state their opinion. Your ad stated "shipped in generic cases", it does not say that they are "not hard cases", or what kind of cases they are.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-seller-performance/seller-performance-defect-removal-polic...

image.png

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Not to make any excuses for buyers but some purchase on their phones without reading the description. 

Personally, i would change your titles to include keywords like "No Cases", "No Packaging Incuded". ect

Also make sure your pictures are clean with only what is included with the listing. Example. I would not include a stock photo of the cover unless it is included with the purchase. 

It can be frustrating, and you would think buyers would read everything on the listing, but reality is that a lot of buyers purchase quickly and only read the titles and look at what the pictures are of it. 

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

There is an outrageous double standard. I received a negative feedback from a buyer who never communicated any problem . I asked Ebay to remove it for those reasons and they did not.  

However, when  I left a negative for a coffee seller they removed it in an hour.   Why did I leave negative ?

I purchased Panamanian coffee a few times from them with no problems , but when I ordered medium roasted Kona coffee she sent me burnt oily garbage , so I asked for an exchange . 

She replied :  

“ You’re a disgrace to the human race and don’t know anything about coffee “   She then called me a liar added a few more insults and then she banned me from buying coffee from Blue Macaw .   Later , I checked on BBB and at the they had an F rating for similar complaints and specifically about selling Kona coffee that seemed overly cooked and low quality.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

I read everything on what a seller listed about an item I purchased.  She listed her glasses as " Excellent" Vintage.  When they arrived a good deal of gold was missing.  I brought it to her attention and she said "well it was listed as vintage".   Lucky, Ebay stepped in.  I'll left negative FB saying exactly what happened.  Ebay removed it.  A few days later she sent me a message saying she protested.  Guess whatever powers ruled in her favor.  I asked her not to contact me again.  She relisted the same glasses as "excellent" again but reduced the price and removed the shipping costs.  The photos don't show the missing gold without a darker or lighter color behind them.  She is intentionally misleading.  She has 100% feedback!   There are both bad sellers and buyers out there.   In this case, Ebay enabled a bad seller to continue to do business and look good!  Not fair to good sellers AND good buyers.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Thanks for the warning!  I'm looking for a supplier of good coffee.  I won't bother with buying from Blue Macaw.  

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

A lot of illiterate buyers out there. Also a lot of them buying blind and don't even look at the photos. It's amazing how they sure are educated enough to leave negative feedback at the sellers expense. 

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

The person who left me a negative never sent any communication .  I noticed he left 2 negatives out of the last 12 ,  and 3 of the last 23 .   Nearly 15% negatives .

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

She has a 100% positive rating - 0 negatives.   Ebay probably removed 100 negatives last year.    Its really a shame because there is no way of warning people how bad they are. 

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Lots of careless buyers out there…to avoid any misunderstandings, you should put the “not in original case” in the title and in the main description (I noticed you only put it in the Condition description where it could be missed due to the small font). Try not to use stock photos…not that it is bad but an additional photo showing only the discs without cases could have helped. Live and learn.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Your reply to the feedback looks much worse than the negative left by the buyer.  

An appropriate reply could have turned the negative into a positive. 

Posting ID
Message 11 of 27
latest reply

yes I should reword it in future ads. My ad says no "hard cases". I actually mean no original cases. But that does not matter. the ad specifically says that they do not come with original cases. It comes with "generic cases for storage and protection" The buyer simply did not read the disclaimer, and left bad feedback after getting then and noticing they did not come with them. 

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

exactly my point. so it is not my fault. And I get some with original cases, and some not. so I just use stock images. if the originals are included, I delete the disclaimer from the ad template.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

This guy didn't communicate SQUAT. He also didn't communicate to himself, or he would of read the disclaimer and not bought them if it was an issue.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

I am aware. And I have gotten many emails from buyers (before leaving feedback). then I tell them go re-read the ad, it says (their issue) and they leave positive feedback. This is why I usually always wait to leave them positive FB until they leave feedback. This time I left feedback first, and they took advantage of it. 

Message 15 of 27
latest reply