cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

would I look ridiculous?

OK, a stupid question for you folks. I know absolutley nothing about fashion. If it is clean and fits< I wear it. I am a plus sized old< elderly whatever soon to be &) years old and shock of all shocks< my neurologist says I am fine> (Please pardon the strange things my keyboard is doing, I have to get another today)  i am going to get another today.)

So, 3x ish plus size and I have always wanted a poodle skirt like my sister"s of about fifty eight years> But I really don't want to be the butt of a lot of jokes and end up on the people of walmart page>

I am wheelchair bound so I have to get skirts a bit longer just to be covered well.

So what do? i really want the darn thing> So what do you think?

“Nothing that grieves us can be called little: by the eternal laws of proportion a child's loss of a doll and a king's loss of a crown are events of the same size”

Mark Twain
Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: would I look ridiculous?

Sorry, I'm no troll, just an old retired teacher. Heck, I don't even have a troll sculpture in my garden. I'd post non troll pictures if you'd like. How strange the boards have gotten. Now I remember why I stopped reading on the eBay community boards, some of you are vicious critters.

Fear not, hint taken. Quietly slipping off my chair and heading to the door, being very careful to not let the door knonb impale itself into my aged backside..

“Nothing that grieves us can be called little: by the eternal laws of proportion a child's loss of a doll and a king's loss of a crown are events of the same size”

Mark Twain
Message 31 of 38
latest reply

@treazured wrote:

Now I remember why I stopped reading on the eBay community boards, some of you are vicious critters.

Not all of us are vicious and mean. There were many supportive posters who advised you to be YOU, do what YOU want and wear what you want to wear! 

There are times when any of us who post here regularly don't always hear what we're hoping to hear but we try to remind ourselves that for the post part, we're trying to help one another. 

Please don't avoid the boards because you didn't like someone's response. 

I'd love to see pictures, too!

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

Never heard of a poodle skirt before hence I did a bit of searching.

Whatever makes you happy, go for it.

What is fashion anyway?

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

Update: We'e finally had some cold days so I put on my entire Homage to the Red Hat Society poodle outfit and rolled to yet another doctor's appointment.  Did the appointment, the nurses in his office adored the whole poodle thing and rolled out. Got on the elevator and (I kid you not, this happened but I can't hear on a cell phone so I don't have one and I haven't owned a camera in decades) at the next stop a gorgeous African American lady got on the elevator and she was ALSO wearing the whole poodle thing, minus the saddle oxfords (yes, I sent her here to eBay). We grinned at each other and admired each other's look and at the next floor some more folks got on so the two of us were squished together.

At the next stop a little girl and parents got on the elevator and her eyes got so wide and she whispered "Mama I want one of those!"  So Mama got sent to, of course, eBay because I know there are poodle skirts for little ladies as well.

Someone asked if we were in a group or something and in one voice, we said "No, we're twins (sisters)" THAT got some wide eyed stares since my hair is mostly white, I'm very anemic and pale and have blue eyes.

The two of us exchanged hugs at the last stop and wished all Happy Holidays. Yep, I'll be letting my inner poodle come out again to play. It's fun, it's warm and the skirt is long enough that I can safely get into my wheelchair from the truck without mooning anyone.

I really love eBay, problems and all because it is the SELLERS that are just that darn good. Merry Happy Insert preferred politically correct holiday here.  You guys (and gals) are the best and have given me many happy hours as I've looked over all the site and read the boards.

Mark Twain
Message 34 of 38
latest reply

I loved this update! Thank you for giving the smile of the day!
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

Love the update too - so happy for you because it is truly all about you ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

Happy Holidays!!!!!!

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

This might be the best thread I've ever read on the internet...

love to all - be yourself and share the love!

Vanessa

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

Get the darn thing and don't think one bit about it. You pay or payed for the item, which means, the item is good and you pulled out money from your pocket to purchase it. You will look great in everything. Size is just a number and a skirt is always a skirt weather it be a large size or a small size. Hope this helped or helps. Have a great day. 

Message 38 of 38
latest reply