cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help authenticating vintage versace scarf

wondering if anyone can help me authenticate this scarf it reads "putri koleksi" and then has gianni versace printed all over doesnt seem like a design that would typically be bootlegged and i cant find anything on google cheers ps it doesnt have a tag on it

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Bad fake. Wrong font & layout "logos", fake design poorly printed with cheaply machined edges (typical on polyester fakes).

"PUTRI KOLEKSI" has nothing to do with Versace, it's apparently Indonesian for "Princess Collection".

Compare the original right-justified GIANNI VERSACE sans serif typeface:

marchio-versace-04

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The machine-stitched hem is a clue that yours is not a quality scarf.

Debora

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@foau781

P.S. Although cheaply machined edges (merrowed, overlocked etc.) are often the easiest giveaway on designer fakes, it's also important to remember that the quality of fabric or finish alone can never be considered proof of authenticity.

Counterfeits are made in every grade (from very poor to "AAA" replicas) and all illegal regardless of "quality".  That's why careful examination of  all design elements, graphics, print, logo mistakes, tags etc. are necessary for proper authentication.

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

awesome thanks for the reply guys great help i was a bit iffy of it at first anyway the floral print got me intrigued haha thanks again

Message 5 of 5
latest reply