cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY GOOD BUYERS LIKE ME LEAVE EBAY

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have sold a few items over the years, but I really enjoy buying boots, coats, jackets, handbags and tops on eBay.  Over the years, I have had many excellent experiences.  Good quality fashion, excellent sellers with good communication and fast shipping.

Unfortunately, I purchased an item that was listed as NEW, but in the text at the bottom stated VGUC.  Normally, I am very careful, but noticed the VGUC after the purchase.

Fingers crossed!  The sweater had THREE HOLES (none disclosed in the listing) when it arrived.  This is not buyers remorse.

Over the years I have purchased a  few NWOT's that were not up to expectations, but I gave five star reviews and donated the items.

This felt different and  the reason for my first and only return request.  I sent the item for refund a week ago, but USPS claims they are waiting to receive the package and eBay states I should send the item back.  I can't get any real help from eBay.

I try to be easy to work with, give great feedback, make prompt payment and try to understand it is difficult to sell on eBay.  I will miss the excellent sellers and their fab fashion.

I will soon close my account with eBay.  The seller and eBay pushed me to this point.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@Anonymous wrote:

This felt different and  the reason for my first and only return request.  I sent the item for refund a week ago, but USPS claims they are waiting to receive the package and eBay states I should send the item back.  I can't get any real help from eBay.

Sorry, if you didn't get the package scanned and got a receipt, there's nothing Ebay can do.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Not sure when you shipped it, but if you used a 'ebay return' label, it is a "F" label (1st Class- even if over 16oz) and sometimes those packages get 'stuck for 2,5,15 days..but WILL eventually show up and show delivered. It's simply the USPS scanning system (or lack of scans). 

Once 'returned', you can escalate if the seller does not refund. 

Did you get a return label from ebay or ship it yourself?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I used an eBay provided shipping label.  As I stated, I am a complete novice when it comes to returns---this being my first.  I shipped the item on May 13, 2021 (last Thursday).

Thank you for the info.  Your timeline with the USPS is helpful.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Lots of issues with the USPS lately if an item is pretty expensive it's always best to go to a Post Office to get it scanned and get a receipt as simply dropping it into a mail box is not always safe plus many items don't scanned right away.  I purchase items on a regular basis from one seller outside of my state but his USPS packages don't get their first scan till they arrive in my city several days later.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I used an eBay provided shipping label.  As I stated, I am a complete novice when it comes to returns---this being my first.  I shipped the item on May 13, 2021 (last Thursday).

Thank you for the info.  Your timeline with the USPS is helpful.

Hopefully it'll get a scan somewhere down the line.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 6
latest reply