cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage COOGI sweater shoulder pads men's or women's ???

I found a awesome coogi sweater that has side slits ...but shoulder pads, the interesting thing about the shoulder pads is that there only connected to one side, maybe someone added them? I am almost positive the sweater is for women's but also wondering if there is a coogi expert out there !!! anywhere ??? haha thanks!! 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Vintage COOGI sweater shoulder pads men's or women's ???

No one should really answer without pictures but IMO side splits and pads equal women’s. Post a pic and give measurements including sleeve...

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Hi! thank you so much for the reply. The chest is 38" the length is 29" the sleeve from top of neckline to end is 28"  The sweater looks like a women's but... just wanted to make sure since I never heard of a coogi sweater with shoulder pads. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Women’s for sure!

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thanks so much! 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Didn't EVERYTHING women wore have shoulder pads in the 1980s? I pulled out clothes the other day for my daughter's company 1990s party and everything had them, including the sweaters.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I never liked them so I cut them out of everything back then. Never wore them and they were pretty much in everything. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@jsales0  and @the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth  I was so into the shoulder pad craze in the 80s that, my family was going somewhere (can't remember the occasion) and my mother asked my son, 'what is taking your mother so long?'  He said, 'she's putting on her shoulder pad, LOL'

And OP, the picture posted looks so professional - love it!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

LOLposting! I know I was one of the few who always hated them.I have a really small head and always felt they just made me look totally out of proportion.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thank you so very much! Lol great story. The sweater actually sold a few days ago 😊🎉🎊

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Congrats! It was a terrific sweater.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thank you! I appreciate that very much:)

Message 12 of 12
latest reply