cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple stain removal

This may have  been posted before, if so I apologize for the repeat. I usually skip over the stain removal posts b/c I can't find the ingredients posted.

Someone posted this one on FB today. It's just Dawn, peroxide, and baking soda.  They had it as a mixture but i just poured a little of each on two different spots on two items today.  I had already tried shout, fels naptha, dawn alone, and the stain removal that comes with Dryel. They didn't budge.  I let them soak, rubbed it in, and let them set about 2 hours. 

Stains are gone.  No sign of them.

If you are like my husband and you have to measure everything, it's

1 tsp. Dawn dishwashing detergent
3-4 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide
couple tablespoons of baking soda.

Scrub on with a brush. 

Message 1 of 135
latest reply
134 REPLIES 134

Re: Simple stain removal

I posted the question on another board and was told to email Jeff and he'll get the threads pinned.

*************************************************************************************

Philadelphia! No sand, no hot tubs.
Message 61 of 135
latest reply

Thank you for posting this! I had spilled red wine on a new pair of white pants AND let it sit in the hamper for over a week. I followed your post to the T and there is no stain at all.
Message 62 of 135
latest reply

I am going to try this on 2 scarves that have lipstick on them.  One is silk the other polyester rayon.  I have nothing to lose because if I cant remove the stains then they have to go in the trash.  Wish me luck!

(when you say hydrogen peroxide you mean just the plain fizzy stuff you put on cuts right?  Not some special industrial hair dye type?)

Message 63 of 135
latest reply

How about vinegar or try some toothpaste  You'll be surprised

Enjoy

Rima

http://www.ebay.com/sch/dvrkid2012/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=
Message 64 of 135
latest reply

A huge thank you to all the stain warriors!  The peroxide baking soda and dish soap is a miracle!!!  I was able to save several of my own shirts and a hand full of scarves with lipstick and two vintage table cloths with stains!!!  Thank you all so much!!

Message 65 of 135
latest reply

I have several vintage tablecloths-most are cotton damask but they have those yellow grease stains that have been in for years.  Has anyone had success with removing anything similar?

Message 66 of 135
latest reply

YES!  Worked like a charm.  Dont leave it on and forget it though.  Put it on and put it in the wash.  By the time you get the rest of the laundry in and measure the soap and turn it on it will have had enough time to clean the stain.

Message 67 of 135
latest reply

Thanks for the info  I was cleaning a tie the other day and used alcohol and a blow dryer

Thanks

Rima

Message 68 of 135
latest reply

Figures...I just bought a GIANT bottle of Palmolive! Lol! wonder if that would work or there is a top secret ingredient in Dawn. My husband is a chef and he comes home with serious stains! 

Message 69 of 135
latest reply

Thank you for this super helpful thread.  I will be trying this on some beautiful vintage linens that are slightly stained.  Hope it works!

Message 70 of 135
latest reply

This formula is magic.  I have used it on a RL Blue Label men's forest green 100% cotton shirt.  Removed all stains with no loss of color.  Used it on a TH red and white striped cotton shirt.  Removed the stain, no loss of color.  Used it on white.  Perfect results.  All fabrics I have used it on have been 100% cotton.  Can't speak to any other fabrics.

Message 71 of 135
latest reply

This is helpful - thanks for posting!

Message 72 of 135
latest reply

thanks for the great info   vinegar works great also

Rima

Message 73 of 135
latest reply

I just wanted to say that I tried this & it worked wonders on a few pieces of clothing. It took a number of stains out of an Elie Tahari shirt that I thought I might have to donate. Thank You very much for posting this!

Message 74 of 135
latest reply

I have used Palmolive Oxy dishwashing liquid to remove ink marks/stains from the cloth linings of purses. It really works.

Message 75 of 135
latest reply