Did you mean: 

Removal of authentic vintage coach bags

83E4114F-BD47-47E0-92B2-3DE360C4DE74.jpeg

7095C3BF-541D-4244-95A7-E3CAB2726188.jpeg

F8BE3DE9-C394-4934-B73D-6C250DC4732D.jpeg

27F473D7-82F3-49DE-BC5C-9F6F081A422E.jpeg

46B5D797-60B7-4885-8410-D467008FCC42.jpeg

E397A9CE-1393-4932-93E1-2ABC7769BBD3.jpeg

 These 2 bags were removed by eBay in error and I was told they were counterfeit when I know they are not. 

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Removal of authentic vintage coach bags

@vintagecoachcult wrote:

As a fellow seller I am so happy that these items were re-instated As they were all Authentic. Good for us all that sell.

And I suggest you keep in mind who got it done.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 28 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

@busykittyfinds wrote:

83E4114F-BD47-47E0-92B2-3DE360C4DE74.jpeg

7095C3BF-541D-4244-95A7-E3CAB2726188.jpeg

F8BE3DE9-C394-4934-B73D-6C250DC4732D.jpeg

27F473D7-82F3-49DE-BC5C-9F6F081A422E.jpeg

46B5D797-60B7-4885-8410-D467008FCC42.jpeg

E397A9CE-1393-4932-93E1-2ABC7769BBD3.jpeg

 These 2 bags were removed by eBay in error and I was told they were counterfeit when I know they are not. 

1E7ED4B4-F1F9-4F59-B6CD-323209BE5F98.jpeg

C9E623A2-BBCA-4F53-8BDA-DC6C451EBEA5.jpeg

FF8EF04E-045C-4410-84C5-494F9C4D47CF.jpeg

 This Berkeley saddle was also removed and eBay said it was fake. 

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

All 3 bags are authentic and should NEVER have been reported or removed.

And whoever is reporting shouldn't be doing it because they don't know the brand.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

1895D904-AAF9-44D8-8465-29FCE02D3D6B.jpeg

900980D6-987A-4662-8BD4-D13FE4E87638.jpeg

68312A8A-8FB1-40C8-8AAA-6064E322BB7D.jpeg

 This is the final bag that was removed from my account for being “counterfeit”. Let me know if you need more pictures. Any help is appreciated.  

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

That one is fine too.

Would you please copy and paste the takedown message? I'm curious how it was worded; some imply that listings don't have enough pictures and/or description and refer to the seller's lack of history but after looking at your listings and history, it doesn't sound as though that would be the case here.

Does your account also show dings for the "violations" (which aren't violations!)?
albertabrightalberta

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

As a fellow seller of Vintage Coach bags, I understand your frustration. I know you are a very competent seller of vintage bags which in itself is a very complex task. I agree with Alberta that all these bags are genuine. In my opinion, ebay seems to be on a witch hunt right now for counterfeit Vintage coach bags. Unfortunately these bags of yours have been mistakenly removed. I wish you luck in getting the dings removed and that they leave you be. Good luck.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

I agree with alberta, theres NOTHING wrong with any of the 3 purses posted here, theyre all genuine based on the details in the photos.

NOTE TO EBAY and Lithium - if the same person(s) reported all 3 of those purses as counterfeit, they are totally unqualified and incapable of telling authentic Coach items, especially vintage items, from fake and should be permanently blocked from any Ebay reporting system or database, and all further reports by them should be ignored.

I hope the forum Mods pass this information to the correct Ebay department. It used to be called Trust & Safety but that might have changed. I dont know if whoever is doing this is genuinely clueless, or if this is some kind of spiteful action directed against sellers they see as competition to either get them in trouble, or to get Ebay in trouble with sellers for removing legal listings and negatively affecting their ability to do business on Ebay without cause or proof. Its been happening too much recently.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Yes it is sad that this discussion Forum has gravitated to the point that 2 people have nearly complete control of this forum. That's ok. There are lots of opinions and facts out there. We ALL make mistakes and that is human. It is a total shame that honest sellers are having their legitimate items removed. Too bad the 2 that control this forum in every way can't actually help such a seller. Maybe you 2 should focus on that?

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

I have been a lurker on this forum for a year and I have learned so much. However, the accusations in your post are ridiculous and unhelpful . You are clearly offended and still angry that they disagreed with you on a recent authentication. Get over it. 

Also, by making such accusations you degrade the work of many helpful posters, like Jsale, etc. Both alberta and fashionclub have helped and educated many sellers and nonsellers here, so please stop with the accusations and negativity. 

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

@vintagecoachcult wrote:

Yes it is sad that this discussion Forum has gravitated to the point that 2 people have nearly complete control of this forum. That's ok. There are lots of opinions and facts out there. We ALL make mistakes and that is human. It is a total shame that honest sellers are having their legitimate items removed. Too bad the 2 that control this forum in every way can't actually help such a seller. Maybe you 2 should focus on that?

What?!?!?! No one "controls" the boards except for ebay and the company they chose to moderate the boards. At this time, I believe it's Khoros who moderates. 

In this case, the OP's bags ARE authentic and WERE wrongly removed. Most of the time when posters come here claiming that their "100% authentic" bags were removed, that is NOT the case. 

Such a case was posted in the following thread in which the OP claimed her bag was as "authentic as the day is long." That is NOT the case with her bag and the listing was correctly removed: 

listing removed of Authentic Coach purse claiming it was counterfeit

albertabrightalberta

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@theglitte_30

Had I seen your post prior to writing my own, I wouldn't have commented. You've hit the nail on the head!

Thank you.
albertabrightalberta

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

So very sorry. This is terrible.

My authentic bag was removed by Ebay due to their algorithm that tagged it. Whatever that is. It wasn't even posted yet...it was in the process when they paused it and then removed it. 

I also understood that it takes more than one poster to remove a bag. Is this true? 

Were they posted when they were removed or in the process like mine?

Hope Ebay fixes this for you.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@vintagecoachcult wrote:

The "two" that youre referring to, and please dont be coy about who they might be, have helped THOUSANDS of buyers and sellers here and elsewhere over the last 15 -plus years, but theyve learned that trying to help someone who thinks s/He knows more than they do and refuses to listen is a waste of time and energy. And we do it in public, not hidden behind some wall where only the 'in crowd' of respectful worshippers has access. Our mistakes, if and when they happen, are right out in the open for everyone to see, and we can explain our reasons for each analysis and provide photos as backup . When those rare mistakes do happen, we admit it and learn from them. The "learning from your own mistakes" part is what our critics seem to have problems with. We do it all with no financial remuniration, no maps pointing out how someone can buy from us, and with a large investment of money and personal time that ONLY benefits us by knowing that weve helped, or tried to help, keep others from getting ripped off.

"Too bad the 2 that control this forum in every way can't actually help such a seller. " Oh, but they have, more times than you could possibly imagine, especially through the knowledge, experience and hard work of the other person in the 'twosome' you seem to be alluding to. Too bad you dont take the time to look. But the ones who have been helped know where that help came from.

As for all the "opinions and facts out there", youre absolutely correct. But as has been said so often "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. They are NOT entitled to their own facts."

If someone is Always Right, they obviously dont need our help, so like the old saying warns, why should we try to teach a pig to sing? But if someones actually willing to listen and learn, they dont have any problems finding us.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

3198AA7C-BFCD-4C82-A838-5AC24C69CD74.jpeg

5553FC0F-E5B2-40BE-BF5B-D5AE9D5EC720.jpeg

  As for dings, I’ll need to check. 

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Dale, please keep your comments to yourself. I don’t need any of your drama to be dragged in here as an added bonus. Thank you for your concern. 

Message 15 of 28
latest reply