cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pretty sure both these Guccie Scarves are fakes?

Hello

These two scarves, which, in my ignorance, I paid £60+ for each, before I had learned anything, both now look like obvious fakes to me. They're both machine-hemmed, with the style of the Gucci branding all wrong and in the wrong place, despite arriving in lovely-looking branded Gucci bags, accompanied by certificates of authentication etc etc  I would like to check with the experts if possible, before I start making a fuss, please?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gucci-Scarf-New-With-Tags-100-Silk/153888203396?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%...

Thank you so much.

Mary Hx

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pretty sure both these Guccie Scarves are fakes?

Yes, you are correct; that 2nd one is also fake. And for future reference Gucci does not provide "authenticity cards" with their scarves, only counterfeiters do that.

To confirm, here is my question & the reply I received in the Gucci site chat box:

GUCCI-Screenshot_2020-04-14 Designer Silk Scarves Silk Scarves for Women GUCCI® US.png

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sorry - cant believe it wrote Gucci-with-an-e. How did that happen?
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Very poor quality fake, sorry. The fonts are all wrong on scarf & tags.

You referred to 2, is there another listing you wanted to ask about?

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You don’t need to make a fuss but you DO NEED to claim SNAD immediately and leave appropriate feedback that you received a counterfeit.

Best to post the second one here too before filing!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Wow, that seller has a lot of various "brands" of scarves. She is either extremely naive or .......
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This is the other scarf. Sorry to appear so flakey.
Im not usually!

And thank you so very much for your advice. I will draw potential buyers' attention to the large number of 'brands' the lady's reviews say she's sold to satisfied purhasers.

I think this one is probably also such a very poor quality fake that I am able to spot it myself! But would massively appreciate your confirmation:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gucci-Luxury-Italian-Brand-100-silk-scarf-Rrp-635/402198396188?ssPageName...

Thank you so much

Mx
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes, you are correct; that 2nd one is also fake. And for future reference Gucci does not provide "authenticity cards" with their scarves, only counterfeiters do that.

To confirm, here is my question & the reply I received in the Gucci site chat box:

GUCCI-Screenshot_2020-04-14 Designer Silk Scarves Silk Scarves for Women GUCCI® US.png

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Make sure that you file SNAD on both scarves and leave 2 negs clearly and calmly stating that the seller lists counterfeits. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply