cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older nylon Prada bag

I am definitely having some difficulty with this bag   And can use some more opinions.   It's a nice nylon convertible type bag it has a riveted on triangle plaque and inside has a metal plaque.  it has logo lining but only one of the buckles is marked with the Prada name.   Zippers are unmarked,  but I read on these older nylon bags that is not that uncommon.   It has a solid strap that has a zipper down the center and when you unzip it pull it through the buckle it turns into a triangular shaped backpack.  

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Older nylon Prada bag

This larger buckle is the only marked buckleThis larger buckle is the only marked buckle

Unmarked snaps on the strapUnmarked snaps on the strap

The piping is poking out at the top and it is not a piece of plastic is it is actually a tightly coiled spring that is inside the pipingThe piping is poking out at the top and it is not a piece of plastic is it is actually a tightly coiled spring that is inside the piping

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Older nylon Prada bag

IMG_3140.JPG

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Older nylon Prada bag

I'm not a Prada expert although I own a ton of it but no longer own very early nylons. Wait for others, since I don't know the old fonts but I sure don't like the spacing or the way the zipper pulls are stitched. 

Nothing is more faked than Prada nylons and that was true of the early bags too so if you don't get a pro here, you'll need to get it authenticated. 

I have used authenticate4u. They definitely do Prada and are very reasonably priced.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Older nylon Prada bag

Just go to A4u if no one is sure. I'm definitely not as I have nothing to compare it to. Wish I knew the old font. The triangle is actually well centered. Am I looking at the backside of the leather zipper pulls? If so, can you post the other side?

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Older nylon Prada bag

You guaranteed this as authentic in your listing

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Older nylon Prada bag

@koreanesque

"I am definitely having some difficulty with this bag"

Let me guess, your buyer from August 10th is claiming it's fake?

The time for an authentication is BEFORE listing and stating this:  guaranteed authentic.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Older nylon Prada bag

Why yes you are correct. However I purchased this as authentic everything seemed right to me and I had it always knowing believing it was so it was definitely a listing error on my part.  older prada is definitely not my brand of expertise.   The Prada that I own is all within the last 10 years  so this is why I am posting it here because I don't want that to happen again.   My brand happens to be Louis Vuitton and that's where my expertise is.   

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Older nylon Prada bag

I sent it in to "authenticate first" I'm waiting to hear from them because this bag has some marked hardware and some unmarked hardware and it's just confusing to me. I read that some of these older bags used marked zippers and some zippers were unmarked, they said they were a little bit sloppy about their uniformity in the different styles. The triangle plate is perfectly centered and riveted onto the bag. The style of it just seems to "elaborate" if that's the proper term. It just seems like if it's a counterfeit they went to an extreme to make this style of convertible bag. However I have never seen another one like it anywhere, even a fake one. Even inside the piping along the entire bag it's a little little metal spring it's not like a little piece of plastic like they usually have.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Older nylon Prada bag

IMG_3143.JPG

BackBack

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Older nylon Prada bag

@koreanesque

@koreanesque wrote:
I sent it in to "authenticate first" I'm waiting to hear from them because this bag has some marked hardware and some unmarked hardware and it's just confusing to me. I read that some of these older bags used marked zippers and some zippers were unmarked, they said they were a little bit sloppy about their uniformity in the different styles. The triangle plate is perfectly centered and riveted onto the bag. The style of it just seems to "elaborate" if that's the proper term. It just seems like if it's a counterfeit they went to an extreme to make this style of convertible bag. However I have never seen another one like it anywhere, even a fake one. Even inside the piping along the entire bag it's a little little metal spring it's not like a little piece of plastic like they usually have.

You might want to check their reviews online. 

I personally wouldn't use them to authenticate a brown paper bag.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Older nylon Prada bag

Well the site for authenticate 4you was down last night and I couldn't get on it no matter what computer I tried.  I gave up.   

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Older nylon Prada bag

Always best to contact A4U through their FB page. They are the only authenticator I personally will use for Prada but I have no experience with anyone else . Please post back but if that bag is authentic then fonts and spacing have significantly changed but fonts do change. 

I no longer have anything pre 2000. Sorry that I can't be of more help. Should have kept some of the early bags for references but I didn't.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply