0B0E1690-E400-41FD-88C2-C13F879EBC2B.png

  

F2BBCC28-D181-40F4-B3A0-A7B722334AB5.png

0B9EEBB1-4E32-435A-8C2C-56458559E1DC.png

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Is this coach bucket authentic?

@dontaskmeidunno said:

"...That said, I still know for a fact that the 'Solid Brass' emboss is a LOT more prevalent than 5%. Wherever that comes from is due for a lifelong debate."

Just out of curiosity, whats your source for that 5 percent figure? And if the solid brass stamp doesnt consistently prove that somethings fake, what difference does it make? Its like indented turnlock plates, if it doesnt prove anything 100 percent beyond the shadow of a doubt, why keep track of percentages? And why continually ask sellers or posters if their purse even HAS a stamp when the purse has a provably invalid serial number or stamping? Its kind of like contacting the US Treasury to see if the serial number on a suspected fake 20 dollar bill is valid when theres a picture of Barney The Purple Dinosaur on the front of the bill.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Yes, and the same holds true for these bags with 'Solid Brass' on them from Costa Rica. They have just odd pictures, that have not been substantiated and they also could have been changed out. Can I ask you...how many vintage coach bags with buckles have you actually had in your hand? I have, and have friends that have restored over 10,000 of them. Do you have file and catalog knowledge? No doubt. Do you have actual hands on experience to say that the 'Solid Brass' emboss is not a good indicator of a counterfeit bag? I'm sure you don't but thanks for your assistance.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

And Ive seen photos of at least 2 or 3 times as many, and I understand what Im seeing. 

Like THIS:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/Coach-Authentication/td-p/31294194

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 18 of 18
latest reply