cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a replica Michael Kors?

I had a listing removed, stating that it wasn't authentic. I purchased the item, paying a hefty amount, without knowledge of it being a replica. Had I known it was, I wouldn't have even purchased it to begin with. The reason I was selling was because it was a larger bag than I prefer to carry. Is it possible to have this "derogitory mark" removed from my account? Can someone tell me if this is really a replica? How do I know this for future purchases / sales? I wouldn't knowingly buy, nor sell, a replica.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is this a replica Michael Kors?

I agree that it's fake. In addition to the sloppy sealant, wrong font on inside logo tag, the orange price tag is wrong. The color isn't correct nor is the text and layout of information the the back of it.

If you bought online, do file a dispute. If you used Paypal to pay, they allow 180 days in the event you're past the timeframe for ebay. And if from a B&M store, take it back. File a credit card dispute if necessary.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, this is IMO not authentic MK bag. As far as fakes go, this is fairly "good" one but there are things that are wrong. The outside paper tag, the outside pattern while pretty close  the M is still not quite right and the biggest giveaway is the inside tag. I will enclose a photo what that tag should look like on authentic jet set tote. So unfortunately you won't be able to have the violation removed but if you can, I urge you to return this bag and get your money back. Of course, please wait for other opinions.

This is how the interior with the MK tag should look like in your style of bag:

IMG_0939.JPG

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I agree that it's fake. In addition to the sloppy sealant, wrong font on inside logo tag, the orange price tag is wrong. The color isn't correct nor is the text and layout of information the the back of it.

If you bought online, do file a dispute. If you used Paypal to pay, they allow 180 days in the event you're past the timeframe for ebay. And if from a B&M store, take it back. File a credit card dispute if necessary.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I too believe it's counterfeit. There's a lot wrong with it.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I also don't think that is real.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

OP, Where did you buy your MK?  Not a bag expert and not a Michael Kors user too but that "bleeding" sealant is a total give-away for me.  I hope you could get your money back.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Agreed.. Don't think this is real.. The sticker with the chinese writing is also some proof along with the sloppy sealent. 

Hope this helps!!

Best,

HH

Message 7 of 7
latest reply