Did you mean: 

Is this Fendi Purse Real

A fendi white striped cross body purse wondering if it is real.  Thanks

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is this Fendi Purse Real

Please post pictures of the underside of the zipper.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Please post pictures of the underside of the zipper.
albertabrightalberta

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Here you go thanks for the help Susan

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

That's not what is needed. You have to kind of turn the pocket inside out to see the part of the zipper head that's inside the pocket (with the back of it toward the back of the bag.)

Here's an example. Yours may not look the same but this is the part the authenticators will want to see: 

albertabrightalberta

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Here is the inside of the zipper thanks so much Susan

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Ok I am asking for the back of the zipper pic thanks again for your help as I am new to Fendi and dont want to get another fake.  Thanks Susan

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Ok asking for this picture as it is taking some time. Thanks Susan
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

finally sent it to me thanks so much Susan

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

All looks good to me & definitely worth a professional authenticator's confirmation.

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I am pretty sure it is real as the seller wasn't rude about sending extra pictures plus the dust cover and everything seems to match. Thanks for taking the time to look over the pictures that means so much to me. I am new to Fendi as I normally collect LV. I bought a couple of fakes so I know what Fendi is not plastic and glue lol. I bought the bag to use for my Fendi Bag Charms it looks in good pre-loved shape so I am happy about that as condition is everything.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I have no opinion about the authenticity of this purse because I am no expert, but I do have a question about it.

I have read posts here about Fendi, and they have said that one of the things to watch out for is an incorrect variation on the logo where the two middle bars on the F's are lined up with each other, when they are supposed to be offset in the correct logo.

It seems to me that in the authentic zipper-back example posted by @albertabrightalberta (left), the middle bars on the F's are offset, while in the picture posted by the OP @ericka98 (right), the middle bars are lined up with each other:

image.png

Have I misunderstood, or am I misinterpreting the pictures, or something?

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@lacemaker3,

Although they can vary slightly, I agree that the angle of the photo is unfortunate (a straight on view would have been better), as a top-down perspective can make them appear more aligned. It's the fact that they are there, along with all the other elements being correct as a whole which tips the scale towards genuine.

I would still want a pro to confirm though.

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

P.S. @lacemaker3,

I wanted to add (before my browser froze on me) that I do think your question is valid. I would want to see that zipper more clearly as well as the metal logo plaque on the pocket (I'm not too happy with the FENDI stamp on the hardware either).

My perspective has probably been skewed lately by seeing so many très merdique fake Fendis that this one looked so good by comparison Smiley LOL

OP, please get it authenticated & let us know.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I agree that the OP's bag would be worth spending $7.50 for a professional evaluation.
albertabrightalberta

Message 14 of 14
latest reply