cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Coach bag authentic ? Also any information would be helpful !

I have acquired this bag and I have zero experience with designer items. I would like to know if it is authentic and the name/model if possible.  Please let me know if I need more photos and I will add them. Thank you in advance, julesIMG_20201001_161200418.jpgIMG_20201001_161206112_HDR.jpgIMG_20201001_161229047.jpgIMG_20201001_161247492.jpgIMG_20201001_161325322.jpgIMG_20201001_161423208.jpgIMG_20201001_161446033_HDR.jpgIMG_20201001_161455598_HDR.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Is this Coach bag authentic ? Also any information would be helpful !

Just an addition - the original owner had tons of things from the 70s and 80s in her home. A hoarder of her prize possessions from her  earlier years.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Authentic, made in 2002.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Wonderful ! Thank you very much. Is there a Coach site where I can find the correct words to describe this bag? Also are the photos I have posted here enough for a listing? I appreciate any help you can give me - I would like to list here but want to cover all my bases. 

jules

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@jules788sales wrote:

Wonderful ! Thank you very much. Is there a Coach site where I can find the correct words to describe this bag? Also are the photos I have posted here enough for a listing? I appreciate any help you can give me - I would like to list here but want to cover all my bases. 

jules

Coachs official name for the purse was "Legacy West Small Hippie Flap". The pictures are good plus the correct measurements 9 x 9 x 1/2 inch, the serial number E23-9592 and the 45-inch long strap that can be worn single or doubled should be enough. I would describe it as "lightweight Coach leather with brass-plated hardware and Coach Logo lining." Mention the inside and outside pockets, I think theres an outside slip pocket on the back?

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Just wanted to add that Im not sure about the outside back slip pocket since Coachs catalog doesnt mention it and Ive only found one listing so far that does, but if there is one, find a way to mention it and display it, like putting a blank envelope in it partially sticking out. Outside pockets big enough to hold a phone are important to almost all buyers these days. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

And just one more hint, if you want to search for "comps" and see how other sellers are pricing them, just use "coach" plus the second half of the serial number which is actually the style number in Coaches made from 1994 to the present. The search just needs to use "coach 9592", dont bother with the first part of the serial number when searching since those are the month, year and plant codes.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Fashionclubgirl - that information really helps me. Thank you so much ! I feel confident to list now. I have a couple of other bags I will post here to get information. Thank you all again, Jules

Message 8 of 8
latest reply