cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Lucchese boots style codes

Hi everyone, any Lucchese boot folks out there? I picked up a lovely black pair yesterday and I am trying to pinpoint the style and while I think I may have found the style on the Lucchese site, the boots have several codes that correspond to different styles so I would like to verify  what they mean so that I can give the most accurate information because the specific style affects the value of the boots. The boots are a size 10D and the codes in the boot are as follows:

L 7004

L 351269

D 93233

What I have figured out so far that has left me perplexed:

L7004 (on their current site, this is a women's boot that does not look anything like the boot Ive got and anyway, I am assuming with a size 10D it's a men's boot)

L351269:  there is an L3512 boot but it is brown instead of the black I have. I am wondering if "69" is the color code?   There are another  pair of boots that are a very similar version of this boot that do come in black (and several other colors) but --the Bannock-- but it has a different style code than anything on my boots (GY3507).  

D 93233 - so far nothing is coming up from those numbers.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help with Lucchese boots style codes

I am an historian by day so I kind of can't help myself digging. It's in my DNA, so I have emailed Lucchese for my edification. But it IS helpful to know this information would not be necessary for a Lucchese boot buyer. Thanks again!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I wear Lucchese but have no clue on the codes (and really don't have time to go digging through my cowboy boots right now) but really think you're going to drive yourself crazy spending time on something meaningless. Without a picture of the boot I can't help you describe them but since they're definitely, no question, men's by the size, you're off to a good start. 

You can call or email them and ask but I just think you need to fully describe the boot, color, shaft height, stitch line count, material, toe character, size, etc. and picture everything including all stamps and your buyer will find you. JMHO

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Thanks!
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I am an historian by day so I kind of can't help myself digging. It's in my DNA, so I have emailed Lucchese for my edification. But it IS helpful to know this information would not be necessary for a Lucchese boot buyer. Thanks again!

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

OP Please post back what you learn if you have the time after Lucchese responds to you. I'd be disappointed if they didn't. I'm sure some would appreciate it. I just looked at a pair of mine and I am useless for help. I've got several sets  of numbers starting with 6 or 7  and one with an L. I know that they're from a 90s 1800 series as I bought them new. They're my best boots and they'll outlive me.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Yes I will most certainly report back what I find out!!  If they weren't too big for me, I don't think they'd be leaving my house!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

They're definitely my fave brand although there are many brands far more expensive,

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I got a prompt response from Lucchese! I have attached some photos for reference. Their database showed they are Black Oil Calf Leather, made in July of 2004, and that their style number is L3515.69, Roper style with a 6 toe and 9 heel.

So the L7004 -- indicated the month and year they were made

and the L3512.69 - indicates the style (3512), toe (6) and heel (9).

Mystery solved!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Great info-thanks so much! 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

May I ask what you wrote in your email? I just picked up a pair myself but i dont see any numbers at all, i assume rubbed off from wear. All i see is Lucchese classics inside boots. They are red and brown with pointy toe and mens...no size though. Can you help me please?
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Please never tag on to the thread of another-it’s too confusing. Start your own thread or just email Lucchese with pictures. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Awesome advice! do you happen to still know that email address? I have a pair I need to ID

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Hello.  Your questions are very good ones and Lucchese has recently consolodated their different levels of quality into one.  This is what I understand about the sizing codes:  L, G are codes for the premium Classics Line.  Then

after this singular letter, follows 4 numbers which indicate the style.  There are then 2 more numbers which indicate the toe style and the heel style.  Refer to Lucchese for the code describing the toe and the heel information.

GY means the premium Classics line.  3507 is the style number.  Here's the situation:  many retailers like to customize their own Lucchese boots and when they do, they get a particular style number which is exclusive just to that retailer.   That's why it's difficult to look at the style # and figure out what boot it is.  If the boot is coming directly from Lucchese, then the style # will be easy to lookup on their website.

There are big differences in Luccheses these days.  So be careful, check it out before you make a purchase.'

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for that info.

Isn't it great when a company responds to customer questions??

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Wow - that's an awesome answer! Kudos to you!!
Message 15 of 15
latest reply