cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help finding out about a manufacturer

I posted my original request on the Selling Board & someone suggested I try this forum instead.  I have an old item of clothing  (30-50 years old I believe) I want to list for sale on e-bay but have not had any luck finding out about the company.  I have searched Google, etc. I have attached pics of the large label inside the jacket and a photo of the jacket itself.  (It has a Nautica or Tommy Hilfiger look to it.)  Thanks to all.sailingjacket3.jpgsailingjacket1.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Also, if there's an RN #, you can use the RN lookup tool.  Just google RN lookup, that can give you the address & phone # sometimes.   

I'm not sure what the mfr is going to buy you though, since you already have the label on it.  I'd just list as is.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@jsales0 

Leave It To Me
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Well, you're hiding a lot of it.  Can you post a better pic with the front showing?  Just hang it on a hanger.  It looks 80's to me though, at a quick glance & with the knowledge that it has hook & loop closures in front, in addition to the zipper.   As, I said in the other thread do NOT use the term "velcro", as they VERY aggressively protect their brand (& with great humor, there are some hilarious videos they've put out).  

It could be late 70's, but I was around then & very into fashion & I don't recall hook & loop closures until the late 80's.   Chap or Jsales may know better. 

ETA:  Also get a close-up of the font on the care tag.  I can't see it well in your pic, but from what I do see, it looks fairly contemporary. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Also, if there's an RN #, you can use the RN lookup tool.  Just google RN lookup, that can give you the address & phone # sometimes.   

I'm not sure what the mfr is going to buy you though, since you already have the label on it.  I'd just list as is.  

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Please see attached.sailingjacket5.jpgsailingjacket6.jpgsailingjacket7.jpgsailingjacket8.jpg

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for all your help.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

No RN#

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the extra pics.  I posted on the other thread, but will copy it here.  Basically based on my experience & the additional info Chap provided, I still think 80's.

<<OP posted pics on the  Fashion board, including close ups of the tags.   I told her there I think 80's, as that's when I first remember hook & loop being used regularly.  80's style too & the label saying "drip dry".   

BTW OP, these colorful windbreakers had a resurgence a few years ago, they usually like them more colorful than this, but you may be able to ride the coattails of that trend. >>

ETA:  I don't think you need to wait for jsales opinion before you list it.  She's not always here & while she IS super knowledgeable, her forte' is shoes.  

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Looks 80s to me - late 80s and into the 90s is when those really colourful windbreakers came out.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 9
latest reply