cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help finding out about a manufacturer

I posted my original request on the Selling Board & someone suggested I try this forum instead.  I have an old item of clothing  (30-50 years old I believe) I want to list for sale on e-bay but have not had any luck finding out about the company.  I have searched Google, etc. I have attached pics of the large label inside the jacket and a photo of the jacket itself.  (It has a Nautica or Tommy Hilfiger look to it.)  Thanks to all.sailingjacket3.jpgsailingjacket1.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help finding out about a manufacturer

Also, if there's an RN #, you can use the RN lookup tool.  Just google RN lookup, that can give you the address & phone # sometimes.   

I'm not sure what the mfr is going to buy you though, since you already have the label on it.  I'd just list as is.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@jsales0 

Leave It To Me
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Well, you're hiding a lot of it.  Can you post a better pic with the front showing?  Just hang it on a hanger.  It looks 80's to me though, at a quick glance & with the knowledge that it has hook & loop closures in front, in addition to the zipper.   As, I said in the other thread do NOT use the term "velcro", as they VERY aggressively protect their brand (& with great humor, there are some hilarious videos they've put out).  

It could be late 70's, but I was around then & very into fashion & I don't recall hook & loop closures until the late 80's.   Chap or Jsales may know better. 

ETA:  Also get a close-up of the font on the care tag.  I can't see it well in your pic, but from what I do see, it looks fairly contemporary. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Also, if there's an RN #, you can use the RN lookup tool.  Just google RN lookup, that can give you the address & phone # sometimes.   

I'm not sure what the mfr is going to buy you though, since you already have the label on it.  I'd just list as is.  

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Please see attached.sailingjacket5.jpgsailingjacket6.jpgsailingjacket7.jpgsailingjacket8.jpg

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for all your help.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

No RN#

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the extra pics.  I posted on the other thread, but will copy it here.  Basically based on my experience & the additional info Chap provided, I still think 80's.

<<OP posted pics on the  Fashion board, including close ups of the tags.   I told her there I think 80's, as that's when I first remember hook & loop being used regularly.  80's style too & the label saying "drip dry".   

BTW OP, these colorful windbreakers had a resurgence a few years ago, they usually like them more colorful than this, but you may be able to ride the coattails of that trend. >>

ETA:  I don't think you need to wait for jsales opinion before you list it.  She's not always here & while she IS super knowledgeable, her forte' is shoes.  

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Looks 80s to me - late 80s and into the 90s is when those really colourful windbreakers came out.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 9
latest reply