cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY SALES IN THE TANK???? WHATS GOING ON??

HI ALL ANYBODY HAVE A CLUE WHATS GOING ON WITH EBAY?? NO SALES NO BIDS IN OVER A WEEK?? I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT SO BAD!! ANY IDEAS AS TO WHAT THE PROBLEM IS??

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: EBAY SALES IN THE TANK???? WHATS GOING ON??

Same here. Sales have been going down for the last 5 months. What can we do???? It seems like no one is seeing my store.

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

IT IS ALMOST LIKE EBAY DONT WANT U TO SELL ANYTHING?? I DONT GET IT U HAVE OVER 2K LISTINGS AND NO SALES EITHER?? i SURE DO MISS THE GOOD OLD EBAY DAYS....

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

If I knew then, what I know now, I would have joined ebay years ago. 

I didn't really look into it until six years ago.

That's when a light bulb went off in my brain.  People were telling me about it.

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

IT USED TO BE A GREAT PLACE TO SELL...NOW NO SALES UNLESS U GIVE ITEMS AWAY.. I HAVE TRIED ALL OPTIONS FIXED PRICE BEST OFFER AND AUCTIONS!!! I CURRENTLY HAVE 60 AUCTIONS GOING AND NOT 1 BID WITH 24 ENDING TONIGHT???? OLD SCHOOL EBAY I WOULD HAVE OFFERS ON ALL OF THEM... THEY HAVE MADE A MESS OUT OF A GOOD THING..

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

The stock market is falling, sales in general are off, housing sales are slowing, incomes are not rising and our country is in trouble with the rest of the world. I think that alone makes you feel like holding back a little on spending.

There is so much out there for sale and so many sellers to compete with, I think the times are so different now we are all going to be faced with slower sales. Ebay has to keep it's numbers up for the stock holders and the only way they can do this with declining sales is by charging us more. Where else can you sell? I'll keep trying here but with lower expectations.

Best of luck to everyone! 

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

Here is an encouraging though: branch out to other venues.  They'll be happy to have us, even though our items won't sell as fast as our ebay items.

I love selling online.  I have hundreds of clean items waiting to be listed, and I just can't sell them at  "yard sale prices."  

What I like about those other venues is that we can list as many items as we like.

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

Well said Princess..i cant even give my stuff away??? I runs sales markdowns, and even .99 cent auctions and have many items going unsold??? I just wish i could find a another decent place to list on??

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

Yes, I know.  

I've searched the Internet for alternative venues.

Every little bit helps at this point.  I'm really trying to do everything I can to get these items sold.

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

I have read where people are nervous for several reasons. The stock market volatility, jobs that big companies like eBay have cut ( Macy's closing 35-40 stores through 2016, Hewlett Packard is cutting 30,000+ jobs. Then for the religious folks there is lots of talk about prophecy's being fulfilled this year or next , there is even a big date today the 23rd of September where they said something big could happen. I read where many Mormons are freaking out about this month and soon after. They are hoarding food and supplies preparing for a global catastrophe. Then there is the election that is coming. The economy never really rebounded completely and now it is very sluggish with all of these things happening. All the turmoil in the middle east everyday on the news. It messes with some peoples heads.

My sales on eBay have been in decline for at least a year. But I have not been focusing on my eBay business partly because of the lack of traffic and sales. I still like selling here and I hope the new people in charge can turnaround this backward slide. I hope they go back to what made them so popular where people had fun buying and selling on eBay. Before all the big box stores and Chinese sellers that can ship things to my city cheaper than I can ship the same things across town. If not I already have a diversity of selling options going and I will just put more effort into the venues that buyers especially like and where there is a fair playing field for good sellers. But I still Love eBay and hope this slide they are in can be reversed.

"Paradigm Shift" ...Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks...1 Thessalonians chapter 5
Message 10 of 52
latest reply

I love selling online, and I still like ebay.  However, I have to reduce my store inventory to 150 free listings.  That's it.  

I cannot afford to pay for unseen items, that's why I had to downsize my premium store--even though I have hundreds of clean items waiting to be listed.

I'm moving those to other venues.

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

It's been hard the last few months.  Especially for those of us that rely on this for our income.

I'm hoping with the new leadership things will turn around.

I know even as a buyer at times I will have problems finding things ,, ebay will show me items I don't want.

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

I will try to give you the big "Circle of Life" on Ebay (I often buy your category):  See I sell stuff too and I use that money to buy other stuff I need/want.  So when I get bad stars Ebay limits how much I can sell.  When they limit my selling it limits my buying. So as long as there are stars and bad/"not smart" buyers who ding stars for stupid/bad reasons folks will get defects and will not be able to sell as much so not be able to BUY as much.  I in no way think that I am alone in this problem.

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

@princessfashionstudio wrote:

Here is an encouraging though: branch out to other venues.  They'll be happy to have us, even though our items won't sell as fast as our ebay items.

I love selling online.  I have hundreds of clean items waiting to be listed, and I just can't sell them at  "yard sale prices."  

What I like about those other venues is that we can list as many items as we like.

Not so sure about that.  Mom jumped over to a "vintage and handcraft" site a couple of years back and makes some great bank - she just paid off her car 2 years early from selling old widgets over there.  She left here in a snit after over a decade of selling because she kept getting restrictions and defects that limited her selling but she had over 3000 feedback and 100% feedback when she got limited to 5 items a month....

Message 14 of 52
latest reply

Have not had any sales either - the number of views on certain items never changes. What is going on?

Message 15 of 52
latest reply