cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach bags keep being removed for being fake when they are not ?

This is the second time ebay has removed my listing in the last few months on a Coach bag they said is fake.  ( note 2 different bags) This one originally came from Neumann Marcus bought by a friend many years ago.  This friend has become disabled and can’t use her bags much anymore so I wanted to help her sell them.  I’ve been selling on eBay for over 20 years now with no problems. I followed all the rules and had a clear pic of the label with numbers on the inside of bag etc.   I don’t get it. So can anyone off the street can just push a button and claim your bag is fake and EBay takes it down and I’m punished for it?????  This bag has been listed for a couple months . Does anyone know what is going on ?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Maybe get it authenticated by an authorized authentication service...if you haven't already

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

These are older bags and that were just listed at $30 .  So not worth it.  Will probably just donate them instead but I just don't understand what it is I'm not doing right with listing them. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@poo_gal 

Before paying a pro for an authentication, post pictures here. If items are obvious fakes, professional authentications would be throwing  good money after bad. 

If the items are indeed found to be authentic, we can make further recommendations. 

With that said, I can't even count the number of times sellers have come here complaining about their "1000% authentic bags" being removed and those items were found to be fakes and the removals were correct. 

To post pictures, just reply to the thread and use the camera icon to upload pics.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Im going to back up what Alberta said. So often when someone complains about her "Coach" being removed for no reason, the item turns out to be fake anyway.

In the time it took you to post you could have included photos of the outside and the creed patch or stamp and the serial number of the item. And you say it was bought by a friend many years ago so you actually have no proof that its even authentic? Youre already taking a chance posting something of unproven authenticity, and you said its not the first time. You could have asked right in this forum for us to look at it and determine whether or not its authentic and it wouldnt have cost you a dime, but now youve got TWO strikes against you and youre risking your Ebay selling privileges by selling highly faked brands without any proof that theyre genuine. And you couldnt even take the time to post a couple of photos when youre asking here either?

Why are you blaming some "anyone off the street" and not taking the time to prove your case right here? Were waiting for photos.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@poo_gal wrote:

This is the second time ebay has removed my listing in the last few months on a Coach bag they said is fake.  ( note 2 different bags) This one originally came from Neumann Marcus bought by a friend many years ago.  This friend has become disabled and can’t use her bags much anymore so I wanted to help her sell them.  I’ve been selling on eBay for over 20 years now with no problems. I followed all the rules and had a clear pic of the label with numbers on the inside of bag etc.   I don’t get it. So can anyone off the street can just push a button and claim your bag is fake and EBay takes it down and I’m punished for it?????  This bag has been listed for a couple months . Does anyone know what is going on ?

And you are sure that all the information you got on said bags are correct????

Unless you are an expert: do not believe a lot of what others say.

Also until you can prove they be authentic... do not relist em, maybe not even then if the amount of a sale is low enough. You can be suspended for such.

There are users here that are very very good at (from photos of such items) being able to say fake or real.

Such should be used prior to spending money to authenticate such items, as it will save money.

If you use such give em a thanks...

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@poo_gal wrote:

These are older bags and that were just listed at $30 .  So not worth it.  Will probably just donate them instead but I just don't understand what it is I'm not doing right with listing them. 

@poo_gal PLEASE do not donate since that will allow another buyer to be scammed. 

After my previous post, I looked at your current and completed listings. 

Was this one of the removed items? 

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.44.55 PM.png

If so, you owe that buyer a refund. The bag was correctly removed. 

And I did a bit of internet searching and found a cached listing of this item. If this is the other, it too is fake.

Your bag may have come from "Neumann Marcus" but neither came from Neiman Marcus! 

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.47.24 PM.png

albertabrightalberta

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@poo_gal wrote:

@poo_gal PLEASE do not donate since that will allow another buyer to be scammed. 

After my previous post, I looked at your current and completed listings. 

Was this one of the removed items? 

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.44.55 PM.png

If so, you owe that buyer a refund. The bag was correctly removed. 

And I did a bit of internet searching and found a cached listing of this item. If this is the other, it too is fake.

Your bag may have come from "Neumann Marcus" but neither came from Neiman Marcus! 

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.47.24 PM.png

Omigosh, I REMEMBER that second purse, the black one with the phony fur. Someone had asked about it on another highly trusted PurseForum where I also spend time, and the authorized authenticator who looked at it went through some of the reasons why it was an obvious fake. The full serial number was included in the post, M3U-8B30 which was the first thing that caught my eye since that M3U- serial number prefix has been used in both real Coaches and in a ton of fakes. Im just going to Copy what she said, and I agreed with every point she made when I looked at the listing and at Coachs photo of the genuine purse. There were a few other details that she didnt mention too:

"There are problems with the serial number, the creed patch itself, and most obviously, the C pattern. One look at the pattern should be a major red flag. The fur is wrong, the hangtag is fake, and unless my eyes deceive me, the genuine 8B30 is leather, not fabric.
Also those vertical "stripes" down the front should have rows of tiny glass beads if it was genuine, which by themselves were a major problem because they broke very easily."

The seller, who is the same person or at least the same ID as the Original Poster here, could have just searched Ebay for other purses with the same serial number, there are 3 or 4 listed right now, all of them suede, not fabric with a C pattern, and with details that the black fake listed by this threads OP with the C pattern doesnt have, including 2 rows of glass beads, and REAL fur instead of that stuff on the fake.

And the other purse, the patchwork one that she originally said was bought at Neumann Marcus, is an obvious fake that can be spotted just from the one small photo. I see one detail that in the form in the photo was never used on any genuine Coach. There are a few other questionable details too but theres a BIG red flag just in that one picture.

So thats two for two. 

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

If they are indeed fake then my friend was scammed.  I have known her my whole life and she is telling the truth that the patchwork one came from department store.  The other she got from a friend who said she bought it at the department store both many years ago. I don't buy coach myself I'm a vera girl but just wanted to help my friend.  So I will refund the one that was sold and destroy the other. Thanks for the more professional opinions on these. I just believed what I was told they were real. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I have some unsolicited advice that can help you in the future should you decide to continue to sell handbags or other highly faked items.

There is nothing wrong with shopping thrifts, yard sales, flea markets, CL or reselling another person's no-longer-needed items but a good rule of thumb is that unless you PERSONALLY purchased the items from authorized retailers, outlet stores or department stores, it's recommended that you verify authenticity BEFORE listing.

Not only does the law (and ebay) require sellers to know items are authentic before reselling but verifying authenticity is good for your own peace of mind (knowing you won't scam another buyer), gives reassurance to buyers that they're getting what they've paid for and finally, helps your integrity and reputation with ebay's PTB. 

Unfortunately, trusting your friends cost you and your account a couple of counterfeit "dings" that remain on your account for a year. And those dings could easily have been avoided had you checked first. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I hear your pain. I am dealing with a buyer now that got my bag and is saying that it's fake when there's nothing fake about it unless she switched it out once she received it to try to get her money back and keep the real bag and send me a fake bag back. She is multiple stories of why the bag is fake when the serial numbers are inside the label on the tag and everything. Then she's saying I sold it for two little and it doesn't make sense and then she's saying that whether it should be listed as an outlet bag or a regular bag and then it's just a big old headache right now with this lady so you got a Blessing by them just removing it from your account to be honest

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@ware-6185

As previously mentioned, you need to start a new thread regarding your problem. This thread is over a year old.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply